Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Of course it does not do this normally.
You may have some process that's eating up all your CPU and hence it's drinking up the juice quickly.
That can happen on other platforms too

Just check your top for CPU hogs.
Thanks again fellow but can you tell me how cause really don't have any clue and second thing does putting background and changing the backgrounds eat cpu as well

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by salahkhani View Post
Thanks again fellow but can you tell me how cause really don't have any clue and second thing does putting background and changing the backgrounds eat cpu as well
You need to have a console on your device. Now I am guessing if you don't know about that, you have not installied developer mode. That will give you a shell and also possibility to ssh into the device.

The command in shell is "top". It will show you processes sorted by CPU usage.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
You need to have a console on your device. Now I am guessing if you don't know about that, you have not installied developer mode. That will give you a shell and also possibility to ssh into the device.

The command in shell is "top". It will show you processes sorted by CPU usage.
Hello Friend

I have the developer mode on am a ware of that what is the next step???

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Hello Friend

I have the developer mode on am a ware of that what is the next step???
use "top" to see what processes are eating you CPU

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
use "top" to see what processes are eating you CPU
Do you mean application called top or its is inside the device !!

Do you mean application called top or its is inside the device !!
Just type "top" in the terminal app (without the quotes).

The Following User Says Thank You to Udemzy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Udemzy View Post
Just type "top" in the terminal app (without the quotes).
thanks for the tip i did it and i will see the outcome result

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
few days ago I had my n9 discharge 40% within 8 hours with sitting idle in my pocket, only GSM at use so no extra powerdrain... nothing to find from the system so it must be a stuck hardware as it kept discharging at this rate even in flightmode... powercycling helped... third time this year I had to (in terms of some stuck stuff forced me to). Did you install any services lately? And for the records, we managed to drain more juice from n900s than its charging logic could provide on one of the PRs (iirc).

The Following User Says Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
few days ago I had my n9 discharge 40% within 8 hours with sitting idle in my pocket, only GSM at use so no extra powerdrain... nothing to find from the system so it must be a stuck hardware as it kept discharging at this rate even in flightmode... powercycling helped... third time this year I had to (in terms of some stuck stuff forced me to). Did you install any services lately? And for the records, we managed to drain more juice from n900s than its charging logic could provide on one of the PRs (iirc).
Hello my friend

Only use n9 for some facebook and some youtube and some wazzap what lately i have done after purchasing the device that i have changed the blank black background for the even and two other screens to colourfull vivid display with very low brightness

that's it