Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Wating from somebody from cbeta share his experiences

Enviado desde mi D6503 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited by meloferz; 2017-07-31 at 22:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
I guess i misunderstood the blog as i thought that the CBeta group is already testing the images. Christmas is not that far away

HUH? Now its being pushed back to December?

Glad I ordered a Youyota tablet. And many thanks to Chen for all of his hard work.

This should make Dave happy. Jolla is about to start round 2 of the tablet refunds. Relax Dave.....Just messin' with ya.
https://blog.jolla.com/2nd-round-refund-update/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by ka9yhd View Post
[/url]
Of course what did you think Cbeta stands for?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 342 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ka9yhd View Post
I'm sure someone thinks this is facts, soon. Please don't spread "false news" based on snarky comments.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jukk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
Wating from somebody from cbeta share his experiences
Indeed. I hope there is no NDA. Anybody know the details?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sbock For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by sbock View Post
Indeed. I hope there is no NDA. Anybody know the details?
No.
Since first mention of cbeta no member has stepped forward.
This would be a good place to do so.
NDA is not or has not been Jolla style.

[speculation: on, fanboy: off]
My take is cbeta is limited to jolla employees as of yet.
Makes sense for them.
Reliable feedback, no public horrasment.
Hopefully they have good results and expand cbeta fast.
[speculation: off, fanboy: auto]

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
IIRC, cbeta was created 2014/2015. None of those people ever shared anything - at least not officially as cbeta members. Also, one recent Jolla post (can't remember which one) indicated that having a small group that can keep information to themselves is the whole point of cbeta (as opposed to early access). So I doubt we'll read anything soon.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
No.
Since first mention of cbeta no member has stepped forward.
This would be a good place to do so.
NDA is not or has not been Jolla style.

[speculation: on, fanboy: off]
My take is cbeta is limited to jolla employees as of yet.
Makes sense for them.
Reliable feedback, no public horrasment.
Hopefully they have good results and expand cbeta fast.
[speculation: off, fanboy: auto]
'their style' or not, joining cbeta requires signing an NDA.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 88 | Thanked: 411 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ southern Italy
If I was a C-beta member, I'd refrain even from saying "yay! great!", even without a non-disclosure agreement, because since the February announcement the only news we need is the actual release date. Being a Jolla fanboi (hurr,durr!) I'm prone to both complain and forgive Jolla, but everyone can understand that a half-baked SFOS would do endless damage.

Then, yes, being tired of talking about Xperia X too much, I eventually bought it... and ten minutes after unboxing I realized why Jolla told everyone not to rush to buy it.

They just don't want you to feel a prolonged pain in the asss using a reetarded Android system while waiting for the official SFOS release. You just need to buy it when you're ready to install Sailfish on it.

Man, that Android 7.0 is so stupid.

"Stupid" means that it has a predefined simplistic look'n'feel, and a humongous lot of options and hacks and quirks and variations and bloat and external services (though I admit Xperia Android bloat is way less than other Famous Brands Products). Being simplistic means it targets "everyone" (you know, 70% of "everyone" equals to "noobs"). Note that systems like Maemo and SFOS are "simple", not "simplistic". And that's by design. Android has quite too much legacy, and you'll think about it when at the first boot it will show 19.7 Gb free (that is: you'll gain quite a lot of storage space if you install SFOS) and even a preinstalled antivirus app (thanks, Xperia, you gifted me with a good laugh the first time I touched the "all apps" icon). Seriously, everything in Android will make you want to go speedyquickfast back to SFOS.

Xperia X hardware extras: the small 5V 1500mA charger (maybe I should verify the claim with a good tester), a somewhat short (92 centimeters) but robust USB to microUSB cable (no need to buy a stinkin' USB-C adapter, yay!), and a classic 3.5mm ear+mic set but... without the usual sponge covers.

The screen actual area is about 110x63mm. On the left side there's a drawer to accomodate a nanoSIM and a microSD: couldn't wait, took my pliers and cut my microSIM adjusting it to the slot size; it was a bit thicker than a real nanoSIM - had to carefully slide it in - but the trick totally did it.

After a few seconds on the dusty desk, I realized some dust had just found its place around the camera glass window. Jolla had the glass slightly retracted inside; the one on the Xperia X, instead, protrudes outside (ouch!) by 0.3mm (the 8.05mm of the Xperia X thickness becomes 8.35mm there). I think this is the only Achille's heel of the Xperia X.

And then, the camera.
Man, what a stunning camera. Coming from N900 and J1, I'm totally amazed. I don't remember seeing the same quality on any top-tier cellphone; on a scale from 1 to 10, I'd unironically rate this at least 12, and I'd almost say Jolla guys carefully chose the Xperia X because of camera features in low light mode - that is, the mode where you usually have wasted your best shots because of camera limits. I hope Jolla guys will soon add the full camera support, because it's clearly more than a megapixel count thing.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to alfmar For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Thanks for the solution. Not a bad thing at all imho.
That surely explains a lot. Mind revealing your source?
Or is it covered by NDA?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x