Active Topics

i LOVE MY NOKIA N9. But it was a long time ago then it was a phone. Just båt a new one. if you want to make phones calls and sms and no more - there do a stop in sailfish or is harman as the last stop in nokia n9

Last edited by bezeen; 2017-07-26 at 22:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to bezeen For This Useful Post:
then is the phone usefull???? 50€ at aliexpress... phone/sms/messege - then are you willing to give up your life on INTERNET

Last edited by bezeen; 2017-07-26 at 22:51.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2017 @ València, Spain
Do not forget Hangouts (text only), Nokia Maps and gPodder.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Poland
Originally Posted by bezeen View Post
if you want to make phones calls and sms and no more
you're kidding, aren't you?

how about:
mms, email, calendar sync, online and offline translator, gps navigation, sports tracker, weather forecast, scientific calculators, music & video player, fm radio, bluetooth + NFC capability, offline wikipedia (!), ebook readers, native word/excel/pdf viewer, facebook, reddit, flickr & twitter clients, RSS feeds, QR code scanner, call recorder, voice recorder, call/text firewall, soundcloud, last.fm, 8mp camera with panorama and RAW/high ISO support, online & offline translators, password manager, cryptographic tools, Stellarum, Wi-Fi hotspot, remote PC control, remote VLC control, torrent client, Wake On LAN trigger, flashlight with stroboscope and S.O.S distress signal, cloud storage (yandex) and cloud calendars (owncloud), Always ON screen (Billboard), news feed (Associated Press) and Movies database (Butaca), popular game consoles emulator (emuMaster) and many, many more.

oh, I see. no WhatsApp, gmail and 4G, let's sell this sh*t on aliexpress ; )

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to prosper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
To be fair, the WiFi hotspot is a bit... let's say, suboptimal

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Poland
Wifi hotspot is sufficient in emergency situations, it lets me browse the web on multiple PCs. Since windows 10 won't find your n9, a free Wefi app makes it work.

The Following User Says Thank You to prosper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Android devices cannot find N900 and N9 hotspots, that's all. But since hotspot is (for me, at least) only useful to connect portable devices, that limitation makes it, well, suboptimal

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: