Notices

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester, England
I tried ecoach (V.1.64) today for the first time for my cycle to work.
I love the App and a bit gutted it didn't seem to work right.

When I arrived at my destination and stopped recording, my calander displayed the correct duration time of 29 minutes but my gpx file showed it stopped recording after 13 minutes and the distance also only shows for the first 13 minutes of my journey.

Does anyone know where I went wrong?

Regards

EDIT: Just tried it again, going home this time. Worked a charm!!

Last edited by Livinmalife; 2010-06-28 at 18:13.

It would be great if eCoach could also support this heart rate transmitter:
http://www.mobimotion.com/index.php?id=brustgurt&L=1
I can deliver the protocol specification. (reverse engineered. I was able to read out the heart rate values from within my own test software.)

great app, since I bought new bike I started to use it each time..

I have two questions:

1)is it possible to add more activities in accord with heiaheia.com ? e.g. I'm missing mountain biking

2)the track profile graph (speed, alt) it would be nice to have zoom feature (graphic buttons, or volume keys on device)

what do you think..?

The Following User Says Thank You to enakki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Espoo, Finland
Thanks for the great program, but I have some things I want to bring up:

It took me quite long (two lost excersises...) to realize that it apparently won't save anything without pushing the rec-button again after the excersise. And from that I think that apparently it also looses everythin if the battery gets empty during the excersise. I think I read that saving the data in some intervals is under construction, so thats good. As it is now, there is too much possibilities to end the workout in the way that nothing gets saved as there is no warnings or anything.

That is just a minor thing, but at least for me it wasn't really straightforward and that usually is bad usability design. It should be somehow better thought out. Also the REC starting the excersise is a bit odd, for me at least. Something like "Start excersising" (or Start, because of the space) would be much better.

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
There is new eCoach version (1.65) in extras-testing. New version has more sports defined and it fixes the bug where default sport type or heartrate range was not saved.

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...l/ecoach/1.65/ Install, test, vote

Originally Posted by enakki View Post
great app, since I bought new bike I started to use it each time..

I have two questions:

1)is it possible to add more activities in accord with heiaheia.com ? e.g. I'm missing mountain biking

2)the track profile graph (speed, alt) it would be nice to have zoom feature (graphic buttons, or volume keys on device)

what do you think..?
Mountain biking is now there in version 1.65

I dont think that zooming the graph is not very easy to hack in to the current implementation

I would support Polar iWL heartrate monitor if someone releases the specification for the bluetooth protocol they use. Currently i can parse heart rate from that data but there are still many things unclear, like does the belt need some kind of wakeup signal every now and then and when connecting the belt with device etc.
I have asked SportsTracker/Polar to open the protocol but no answer yet.

I am not sure if its even legal to use their belt with other applications than SportsTracker especially if we have to reverse engineer their protocol...

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vecchiano - Pisa - Italia
Can someone explain me hgow to use training diary?? I'm not able to find this function.
Thank u.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by sampppa View Post
I would support Polar iWL heartrate monitor if someone releases the specification for the bluetooth protocol they use. Currently i can parse heart rate from that data but there are still many things unclear, like does the belt need some kind of wakeup signal every now and then and when connecting the belt with device etc.
I have asked SportsTracker/Polar to open the protocol but no answer yet.

I am not sure if its even legal to use their belt with other applications than SportsTracker especially if we have to reverse engineer their protocol...
Oh man what a coincidence!
I was just searching for "Polar ecoach" here and tried to work up the courage (and balls) to ask if it was in the roadmap for ecoach to get support at all, for Polars watches (like S7XX and so on) through the IR on the N900? *runs and hides screaming thanks for a nice application so far1!!*

Last edited by danielpublic; 2010-07-06 at 17:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to danielpublic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danielpublic View Post
Oh man what a coincidence!
I was just searching for "Polar ecoach" here and tried to work up the courage (and balls) to ask if it was in the roadmap for ecoach to get support at all, for Polars watches (like S7XX and so on) through the IR on the N900? *runs and hides screaming thanks for a nice application so far1!!*
Not liklely, given the IR port on the n900 is a transmitter only (CIR) rather than a transceiver.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post: