Active Topics

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Montreal, Canada
I'm a new user of KDE, I used the .deb file from Penguinbait. for the first week I found it funny using the screen keyboard (n800) and the stylus to go my way through kde. it's a bit slower but more functionnal than Maemo.

then I remember I made a USB-on-the-go adapter a couple month ago...

I hooked the Targus rubber keyboard then started KDE...

Here we go, I now have a full computer in our pocket. the keyboard unleashed the full power of KDE making it similar to a eee or any other mini-laptop but pocket sized with detachable-optional keyboard. All the Functions keys work as they should enabling a more desktop similar experience.

I was whining about getting a faster windows manager than KDE (Like JWM, E17 or as my last choice Xfce) but using a full keyboard made KDE a lot more functionnal and made me forget about the slower windows management. I still hope Penguinbait will release a better version of his XFCE or other lighter wm BUT I sent him a well deserved donation for his efforts on KDE.

Thank you Penguinbait !

Final word: people with n800s should realy get a USB-otg adapter and try a keyboard (or bluetooth KB)

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Canada
just wonder: without external keyboard, how to evoke right button menu? I am talking using an N800.

The Following User Says Thank You to jayden For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Montreal, Canada
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
just wonder: without external keyboard, how to evoke right button menu? I am talking using an N800.

there's a way to remap a hardware key or make a shortcut in this thread http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=15282

Tags
kde, kde35