Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by mini View Post
However, they don't support Japanese in GVM.
They do not support any language other that English, which is a pity, specially considering the PC version supports EFIGS (english-french-italian-german-spanish).

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
They do not support any language other that English, which is a pity, specially considering the PC version supports EFIGS (english-french-italian-german-spanish).
+1

Originally Posted by ZehHa View Post
Anyone knows a way to encode umlauts in the gvm -u option? Specifically "ü" is needed in my case (unicode "&#252")
Found no solution so far. But quite a good workaround. May perhaps be useful for all of you. As we know, UserName, ChangeName, and H5NSwitch do not work on GVM.

But: MultiUserHack DOES work. Pretty smooth and nicely. Install MultiUserHack5.prc from the zip file's /MultiUserHack304_410/PalmOS5/ folder. Change the default HotSync name, or assign individual HotSync names to each of your apps. Isn't that great news? Even the umlaut in my HotSync name - no problem any longer!

Last edited by ZehHa; 2009-05-07 at 18:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZehHa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
BTW, do hardware keyboard dead keys work for you? (accent keys on some keyb layouts, like ' ` " ).

(It seems that every other application in Maemo has weird problems with non-English hw keyboard layouts. even MicroB!)

The umlauts work fine, but they are part of the german standard kb layout. As there are no accented letters in German, I haven't tried the accent keys. But wait... á à é è í ì ó ò ú ù - no problem on the virtual keyboard. The circumflex accent seems not to have a separate virtual key.

Carsten via microB on N800 (no hardware keyboard on this machine).

Last edited by ZehHa; 2009-05-07 at 21:55.

Tags
garnet, palm