Notices

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Does anyone have any knowledge of this app? There seems to be no thread for it. I installed it and was wonderinbg if theres any way I can change the test colors as I am using the meta theme and the text is quite hard to read. Any help would be appreciated.

I just checked this app out yesterday, adn for the life of me I can't figure out how to remove items on the list. Whenever you make a list it populates the list with some default items and I can't figure out how to remove them. Anyone figured this out yet or is it just not possible. Other than that it seems very useful. I like the fact that you can just leave the items in the database and check the ones that you need on a specific trip to make the list. I'm gonna try this out tomorrow when I go shopping and see how it works.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
It is definitely flakey...what pisses me off is I went to install this yesterday and cause of that bloated qt package I ran out of room mid install and it threw me into a reboot loop and I had to reflash, lost most of my document, most of my covers in canola...EVERYTHING...was in the process of reorganizing and hadnt made a new backup....so i finally get my tablet restored, been up since 4am sat morning and come to find out this app apparently isnt worth a flying **** at a rolling doughnut....needless to say Im a little upset. LOL

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I've just tried this app out for the first time. I like the idea of a shopping listg app, but this one is a bit user unfriendly. I can't see how to edit existing entries. The toolbar icons are small and unclear. And what's the status bar icon for? I can see some potential, though.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
I like the idea of a shopping listg app, but this one is a bit user unfriendly.
Well . . . it is version 0.5.5. . . .

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
I can't see how to edit existing entries.
As with most applications in Maemo, tap'n'hold can be quite revealing.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
And that's why I only write for myself.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dick-richardson For This Useful Post:
@munky261
It's mine - I wanted a shopping list app and to play with the N800.
I'm not a huge forum guy but I hang out on irc and the mailing list if you have questions.

Sorry your machine had problems installing it though

Right now you can't easily change the colours - I did try using Qt stylesheets but had some performance issues so they are hardcoded for now. I think Qt 4.5 may help in this area.

If you like try running it from the commandline as:
shopper -stylesheet style.txt
see the attached style.txt css file.

@sceptre15
yeah - writing some help is on the list - I asked my wife but she was too busy...
As GA says - you can click and hold. I will do some help soon - promise

The app was an exercise in C++/gtk/Qt - not ui design. Happy to improve it of course but this is the very first public release. Release early, release often

I was quite pleased with the finger scrolling and the gesturing though; I'm also happy that 0.5.6 works in portrait if you have the right xserver/kernel.

@pelago - Completely agree - I've already scaled up the icons in 0.5.6. The status icon comes up when I use a Qt notifier - can't get rid... yet. It's a pain.

Anyhow - sorry it's not perfect yet; I'll keep working on it and I'm receptive to positive suggestions for improvements or code
Attached Files
File Type: txt style.txt (1,004 Bytes, 110 views)

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to lbt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Thanks for the app lbt, and I'm glad you can take criticism, good and bad. Regarding the finger scrolling, it feels a little off to me, I think because the item directly under your finger doesn't 'stick' to your finger, if you see what I mean.

Yes - it's a lot better with a big list but Qt doesn't quite provide the API to make that easy

Heh - you should have tried version 0.5 - or maybe not!

Plus there are 2 conflicting things - if you touch and move more than 30 pixels in < 0.1 sec then it's the start of a gesture.
If you touch and *then* move, it's a scroll.

Plus there seems to be an 'extra' X11 or Qt move event which means the last move has zero velocity - made the kinetic very bad.

Honestly I don't think I should have both mechanisms running at once - but I managed it and it works quite nicely. A scroll is more a finger "touch then move", a gesture is more a finger "touch as you're moving".

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
lbt, the extra move event.

describe it please - it sounds like qt is being affected by the same thing other apps fall into when using the pressure sensitive driver, ie
when drawing a stroke sometimes you do not get the final pressure=0 mouse event to indicate mouseup.
it only occurs when the cpu is busy with other things.

The Following User Says Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post: