Active Topics

I love my N9. Love it love it love it.

Unfortunately (for various reasons) I am moving to a Sony Xperia Z for a few months (until the Other Half comes out.)

Is there any way to port my SMS from Meego to Android 4.1/4.2? My contacts and calendar are already going to be synced through my Google account, I only need worry about my texts. I know of saving texts to the SIM card, but that can only store a paltry amount; I text quite a bit.

Hopefully the awesome folks behind Sailfish will make a migration tool for people who want to switch from Android to Sailfish down the road...

Thank you everyone for their timeeee!

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Philippines
EDIT: I thought you were talking about porting Harmattan to an Android phone.

Try this one: http://forum.mobile88.com/topic-3941...droid-1-1.html

I'm not very familiar which files control the databasing/saving of messages, though.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Take a look at my glogarchive alternatives: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...91#post1311291

The applications listed there can import as XML or CSV; you just have to bring your exports into the proper format.

Ah, thanks for the replies!

My problem still lies with exporting the SMS in the first place. I'm using Nokia Suite (and I've tried PC Link), and it sees my device, but can't seem to ever sync the messages. I know that there have been compatibility issues with the N9 and Nokia Suite, so is it a problem with my device or Nokia Suite?

Or is there an alternative solution?

EDIT: Might have found a solution thanks to wwwjfy and you guys. I will attempt to export to a *.csv file, and then import said file (using one of the above apps) into my new phone when it comes in within the next few weeks. I will update with the results. Hopefully it'll keep the messaging structure intact and in the right order. (e.g., me, me, you,me, you,you) wwwjfy's app does not have headers though, not sure if that's an issue.

Last edited by Thai; 2013-06-19 at 15:53.