Notices

Does this change the receiving frequencies as well?

The Following User Says Thank You to webhamster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Please be careful when using the FM transmitter on "unlocked" frequencies it may inadvertantly interfere with other electrical equipment.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
Please be careful when using the FM transmitter on "unlocked" frequencies it may inadvertantly interfere with other electrical equipment.
There is usually no need to go outside the frequencies as power level with the new FMTX binary is set @ 120 and most new receivers do not tune below 88.

An older receiver can go to 87.5 and that is why there was a demand for this feature. However, as was posted this frequency and below are reserved for digital TV that you can't use on the N900 anyway. If a station in your area uses this frequency you will encounter a whole lot of low level frequency interference if you try to use it.

Your best bet is to use the links provided in >> this << post to find a vacant frequency in your area.

If you must go below 88, use the buffer FM frequency of 87.9 or as a last resort the buffer DTV frequency of 87.7.

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2010-08-18 at 15:38.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Digital TV required a very strong signal and who would watch digital TV while driving lol? My MP3 player can do as low as 87.5 and so it is very useful for me to use it at that frequency range. I got to say the sound so clear I can really hear the music lyrics is all about.

Low and short signal range from the FM-Transmitter will not do any harm to the Digital TV and there are not many people using the N900 anyway so lets face it, it won't hurt any body

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
...I just can NOT get the new fmtxd to install properly.

I've tried the instructions and fmtxd in the first post, and I've tried YoDude's instructions and fmtxd with no luck.

Everytime I switch my original fmtxd with the new fmtxd, when I hit FM Transmitter in Settings or Media Player, it says "Unable to use FM Transmitter." I've also tried patching it with fmtx-faker-tool with no luck (after restarting before and after patching).

I installed qwerty12's .deb through x-term (with the new fmtxd in place), but it still comes back with "Unable to use FM Transmitter." Then I used the fmtx-faker-tool patch, rebooted. Same problem, still...

Not sure how to make this work.

I want YoDude's fmtxd with the additional frequencies and level set to 120. Any suggestions?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by m0da View Post
...I just can NOT get the new fmtxd to install properly.

I've tried the instructions and fmtxd in the first post, and I've tried YoDude's instructions and fmtxd with no luck.

Everytime I switch my original fmtxd with the new fmtxd, when I hit FM Transmitter in Settings or Media Player, it says "Unable to use FM Transmitter." I've also tried patching it with fmtx-faker-tool with no luck (after restarting before and after patching).

I installed qwerty12's .deb through x-term (with the new fmtxd in place), but it still comes back with "Unable to use FM Transmitter." Then I used the fmtx-faker-tool patch, rebooted. Same problem, still...

Not sure how to make this work.

I want YoDude's fmtxd with the additional frequencies and level set to 120. Any suggestions?
You've done something wrong. Too many overwrite was done and it might confused the hell out of the FM Transmitter kernel.

Here is a solution for you: Try this first.
Uninstall FM - Faker
sudo gainroot
reboot

open Xterminal:
sudo gainroot
killall fmtxd
fmtxd -d

keep trying:

killall fmtxd
fmtxd -d

Then go to FM Transmitter and enable a frequency, click save. And quickly go to Xterminal and run the command again.

Re-install FM-Faker

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-08-18 at 21:52.

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Amazonia (Spain)
Not lworking here. Country-related issues in modified file?

Coming soon

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
You've done something wrong. Too many overwrite was done and it might confused the hell out of the FM Transmitter kernel.

Here is a solution for you: Try this first.
Uninstall FM - Faker
sudo gainroot
reboot

open Xterminal:
sudo gainroot
killall fmtxd
fmtxd -d

keep trying:

killall fmtxd
fmtxd -d

Then go to FM Transmitter and enable a frequency, click save. And quickly go to Xterminal and run the command again.

Re-install FM-Faker
Thanks for the suggestion.

To be sure I'm doing what you want:
when should I put the modified fmtxd in place?

Originally Posted by RolePlayGame View Post
Not lworking here. Country-related issues in modified file?
Not really, it should work for anyone. This one is set to free regional.
I'm using Global firmware by the way and the standard FM transmitter is the same.

Try enable your FM Transmitter and make it get a lock onto one channel.

Then install FM-faker from Repository Extra-Devel. Make sure your FM Faker is the latest. I have FMBoost installed, and FMTX widget. So try those too, installed them and do it again from the start.

This is why the back up file of the fmtxd will come in handy if things go wrong!

If it keep saying "Unable to use ...blah" then it's either you've installed FM-Faker before this process.

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-08-18 at 22:15.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Spain
Is there any way to do the same for the FM Receiver and tune outband frequencies? Is the chip at least capable of a wider range of frequencies?

Tags
fm transmitter, freedom fm