Notices

We've released three new themes!

Screenshots

Install Kobayashi
Install Tritanium
Install Meta

With this release, we've moved all of our packages (including LCARS themes) into the extras repository. Finally, there are some actual Maemo themes under the 'Themes' category in the Application Manager. Feedback is welcome. Enjoy!

Last edited by ian_ryge; 2009-02-07 at 01:29.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to ian_ryge For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Barrie, Ontario, Canada
All very nice theme's. Just tried them out, Tritanium is my fave.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
very nice but it would be nice to have wide scroll bar versions also

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
very nice but it would be nice to have wide scroll bar versions also
Hmm, no promises there... Kinda busy right now :/

Since this thread is about new themes, Qurgh's Klingon version of the Okuda theme is worth mentioning. (Screenshots here.) His extras package (which contains startup graphics) is incompatible with our new themes, but that'll hopefully be resolved soon, and in the meantime the theme itself works fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to ian_ryge For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
anyone got a matching icon for us personal menu users?

and yes, wide scrollbars on titanium would be perfect

now i just need to find a matching neon sylized circuit board wallpaper...

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Awesome work! Wow.

Tim

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Im going to make a personal menu icon...sometime today when i get a chance.... for which theme do you want it for? Im going to make some for kobayashi first. Can anyone help me on matching the backgraound color of the yellownotes applet to the background on the kobayashi theme perfectly? Theres no "dropper" color selector, anyone know if theres a file or something to edit in gconf that can change the color?

Looks great! I can imagine it tooks many days to put this together. I have tried making a Maemo theme myself a few times but I found the process too tedious. Making a 'regular' desktop gtk theme is much easier.

Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
I can imagine it tooks many days to put this together. I have tried making a Maemo theme myself a few times but I found the process too tedious. Making a 'regular' desktop gtk theme is much easier.
Yeah, it certainly is time consuming, and some parts do get tedious. But all in all I enjoy doing it, especially when people seem to appreciate my efforts.

These latest themes took less time than LCARS or Okuda, since I had my earlier work as a starting point. All my theme templates are SVG files, which makes them easy to modify.

If anyone's interested, the way I did the templates for these new themes actually makes it easier than ever to create different color schemes, since they're essentially two-tone themes. For example, Kobayashi's background color is #bbcca8, and all the UI elements are black (#000000), with different opacities for different parts. You can just use a text editor to instantly search and replace every occurrence of those two color values in the SVG template, export it as a png, and rebuild the package. (Icons are all in their own SVG template, so they're just as easy to edit.)

Glad you guys like the themes!

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Ian, i remember a long time ago you told me, but i couldnt find it what is the font used on the task navigator icons? And forgive me for asking, where do i get the templates from so i can modify them using thememaker?

Tags
gui, hildon, theme, themes