Notices

Hi!
I don't know much about this irreco widget but installed it last week to see, and I was pleased and surprised that I could find my "metronic" sat in the DB and even more surprised that it worked very well.
But I did an update this morning, and since then, nothing! When I try to select the remote, I choose the "m" for "metronic", but it gives me only one choice: "microsoft" lol! Any way, the new update seems to have a much smaller DB, I can remember seing a lot of stuff for each letter I could choose, but now seems to last only few... So, is it possible to have the URL of the previous Database, or a key to find out my previous settings?
thanks

This is to anyone who has had qtirreco working before upgrading firmware.

If you found that once updating to the latest nokia firmware qtirreco stopped working I appear to have found a solution.

1. Uninstall QTIRRECO from within the application manager.
2. Goto file manager (within the n900) and delete the QTIRRECO folder (that is in the mass memory).
3. Go and reinstall QTIRRECO from within the application manager.
4. Download the chosen remote/s you wish to use.

Thats it. They should now work again. Mine did anyway.
If you have experianced problems getting your remote to ever work this probably wont work but if they stopped working after a firmware upgrade then you may be in luck.

Also anyone trying to find a remote for thier sky+ or sky+ HD remote i also read that the sky+_DVB-5 works for these remotes.

I dont take credit for figuring this out as i didnt i read it off another user but now im trying to find the post to show it you i cant find it. hope this helps.

Yes, i done yet. But... once reboot not working anymore...

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
/var/lib/dpkg/info/irwi.postinst: line 5: cannot create /home/user/.config/irwi/irwi.conf: nonexistent directory

For those who might like to use apt, the package is bizarrely named "irwi", but as shown above, seems to be broken atm.

I'm excited about this. I only need two buttons and need them regularly. Hopefully Vizio TVs are supported.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Finland
I've been thinkin of buying a gadget called TV B gone. Here's the link on their site:

http://www.tvbgone.com/cfe_tvbg_main.php

But then i was thinking that you can have a universal remote kind of an application on yous n900. So is there any application that comes with only shut down or starting options for tv's (or other IR controlled devices)?

If there is none then this could be a fun project. I would do it myself but i don't know how to do any programming..

So what do you people think about this? It would be great for simple pranks

Thread with one post merged here.

A little follow-up. I have a Vizio 42" HDTV that's about two years old that serves as my monitor. The Vizio profile in Irwi (VX37L) works fine with it.

Originally Posted by bomep View Post
We would like to keep the widget as simple as possible so we are not planning on adding more buttons. However you can send any commands by changing the cmd options from the advanced settings menu. Available codes for the selected remote are in ~/.config/irwi/lirc.conf.
I would indeed like to change what the buttons on the widget do. It seems that there's no lirc.conf file in ~/.config/irwi, just an irwi.conf file.which specifies the remote name and remote manufacturer. Do i need to have QtIrreco installed to have the lirc.conf file?

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Thread with one post merged here.

A little follow-up. I have a Vizio 42" HDTV that's about two years old that serves as my monitor. The Vizio profile in Irwi (VX37L) works fine with it.

I would indeed like to change what the buttons on the widget do. It seems that there's no lirc.conf file in ~/.config/irwi, just an irwi.conf file.which specifies the remote name and remote manufacturer. Do i need to have QtIrreco installed to have the lirc.conf file?

QtIrreco won't affect this. lirc.conf is written to ~/.config/irwi/ every time you change a remote.

I donwloaded the Irreco but somehow I can't find the widget anywhere. Any good suggestions where i could download it? Doesn't appear to be in application manager -> multimedia folder where all the other Irreco apps were... Anyone to help me?

Originally Posted by bomep View Post
QtIrreco won't affect this. lirc.conf is written to ~/.config/irwi/ every time you change a remote.
It's not, though. I tried changing to a different remote and there's still no lirc.conf file in .config/irwi. There's just an irwi.conf file there.

It works great, i just want to change what the buttons do, and the described method isn't possible...

likkuli: it will just be there on your desktop.. You could try rebooting...

I've now rebooted twice, last time also removed battery but still can't see the widget on my desktop. Hmm. Should it appear on all of the Irreco downloadable apps? I downloaded Irreco for N900 and also the lirc app.