Hey Guys!

I'm new here so please go easy on me

I'm currently using the N9 and love it. One problem im having is absolutely killing me. I am trying to backup a conversation to my PC in a readable format but cant find a way how...

On my N900 I opened Ovi Suite, synced my messages and just screenshot what was required which worked perfectly. Only problem is, N9 isn't compatible with Ovi Suite

There are over 10,000 messages in this conversation and I cannot afford to lose this as my N900 would wipe all conversations once they reach a certain size is reached.

Pleaseeee help

Originally Posted by raha_ang View Post
Hey Guys!

I'm new here so please go easy on me

I'm currently using the N9 and love it. One problem im having is absolutely killing me. I am trying to backup a conversation to my PC in a readable format but cant find a way how...

On my N900 I opened Ovi Suite, synced my messages and just screenshot what was required which worked perfectly. Only problem is, N9 isn't compatible with Ovi Suite

There are over 10,000 messages in this conversation and I cannot afford to lose this as my N900 would wipe all conversations once they reach a certain size is reached.

Pleaseeee help
Read this one to use Nokia Suite: http://everythingn9.com/how-to-get-y...suite-3-2-100/

... and your message back up file (zip) is in .backups folder (if you have done it by your N9 through settings - backup) ...

Originally Posted by jaripi View Post
Read this one to use Nokia Suite: http://everythingn9.com/how-to-get-y...suite-3-2-100/

... and your message back up file (zip) is in .backups folder (if you have done it by your N9 through settings - backup) ...
What are my options once I do backup and open the zip file?
What extension is it and can I open it for reading?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
simply sync with nokia suite from the above link. it'll copy over all your conversations. the downside is that while the messages are sorted according to recipent the recipent's name isn't always visible but simply the number only is visible.

hope someone comes up with an immediate backup to a specified email address like on blackberry.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
simply sync with nokia suite from the above link. it'll copy over all your conversations. the downside is that while the messages are sorted according to recipent the recipent's name isn't always visible but simply the number only is visible.

hope someone comes up with an immediate backup to a specified email address like on blackberry.
I managed to get my messages into Ovi Suite using the below tip. One problem though, all the messages in the conversation appear on the left hand side and say they came from the other person, even my messages to them. I need to find out how to make it appear as the conversation with mine on the left, im so close to getting there

PS. After the initial sync it was only showing the number but after 5 minutes it showed the contact name so I was cheering! I just need to find a way to separate the messages

Here's how I done it:

"For those seeking an easier way to sync contacts and calendars using Outlook without going through the cloud (ie, using gmail as a MFE server), then I have stumbled across a solution that works.

Ovi Suite 3.0.0.290 will recognise and sync with the N9. It works. You can then upgrade to the current Ovi Suite and it will continue to work – but only if you have created the sync under the 3.0.0.290 version.

Steps:
- When you are installing 3.0.0.290, turn off internet connections otherwise Ovi Suite will automatically upgrade before installing
- Once installed, turnoff auto-update software (for now) and plug your handset in. It will recognise, install drivers, and say it is ready
- Confirm your sync settings, and press sync.
- You can then go back online and agree to update your Ovi Suite to the current release"

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
I managed to get my messages into Ovi Suite using the below tip. One problem though, all the messages in the conversation appear on the left hand side and say they came from the other person, even my messages to them. I need to find out how to make it appear as the conversation with mine on the left, im so close to getting there

PS. After the initial sync it was only showing the number but after 5 minutes it showed the contact name so I was cheering! I just need to find a way to separate the messages

Here's how I done it:

"For those seeking an easier way to sync contacts and calendars using Outlook without going through the cloud (ie, using gmail as a MFE server), then I have stumbled across a solution that works.

Ovi Suite 3.0.0.290 will recognise and sync with the N9. It works. You can then upgrade to the current Ovi Suite and it will continue to work – but only if you have created the sync under the 3.0.0.290 version.

Steps:
- When you are installing 3.0.0.290, turn off internet connections otherwise Ovi Suite will automatically upgrade before installing
- Once installed, turnoff auto-update software (for now) and plug your handset in. It will recognise, install drivers, and say it is ready
- Confirm your sync settings, and press sync.
- You can then go back online and agree to update your Ovi Suite to the current release"
Ovi suite v.3.3.86 or whatever works with the N9?

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Ovi suite v.3.3.86 or whatever works with the N9?
I was told that only that version of Ovi Suite (3.0.0.290) works with the N9??

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
I was told that only that version of Ovi Suite (3.0.0.290) works with the N9??
I am currently on version 3.2.100 of Nokia Suite... if you haven't already download it from here:

http://everythingn9.com/how-to-get-y...suite-3-2-100/

Follow that to a T and you'll have your Nokia N9 syncing with the previous version of Nokia Suite...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
I am currently on version 3.2.100 of Nokia Suite... if you haven't already download it from here:

http://everythingn9.com/how-to-get-y...suite-3-2-100/

Follow that to a T and you'll have your Nokia N9 syncing with the previous version of Nokia Suite...
Ill give it a go now! I already have 3.0.0.290 installed so I will try upgrade to the 3.2.100 version and hopefully that will sort out the conversation separation.

If it doesn't, is there a way to delete what messages have been synced in Ovi and then re sync them in the new version?

Ill give it a go now! I already have 3.0.0.290 installed so I will try upgrade to the 3.2.100 version and hopefully that will sort out the conversation separation.

If it doesn't, is there a way to delete what messages have been synced in Ovi and then re sync them in the new version?
WOHOOOOO!
The 3.2.100 version separated the messages and now im in the process of screenshot'ing the conversation page by page, what a pain in the *****!

I was hoping there was a way I could export the whole thing as a massive word document or something like that lol

Only problem is, MMS dont appear in the conversation so I have to scroll up for 45 mins to get to the top of the conversation and scroll through looking for pictures