So I dont really think my N9 is haunted. However, its acting very weirdly.
I recently purchased an unlocked N9 from Hong Kong for use with a T-mobile account in the US. Within 5 days of using, I am noticing some weird things with the phone -

a) a few days ago, when the phone was in charge mode and screen locked, it made a skype call to a contact at 11:44 pm. Everyone in the room was sleeping and the phone was on a night desk away from me.
b) 2 days later, it made 6 calls to a contact from my phone list at 12 am.
c) I was up late the next night and noticed the screen unlocked by itself (bright light in a dark room) and the phone started scrolling through contacts again. I quickly pressed the power button, took the phone off charge and started flight mode.
d) the next night, I woke up to flashing light. Noticed 3 email drafts open of the phone. 1 blank, 1 with 2 random words and the 3rd with WPM la? typed. I saved the last one in the draft folder.
e) Last night, i was woken up by my wife at 2 am. Phone was scrolling through the profile availability options, namely skype and facebook. It appeared as if someone was trying to activate the availability to On. I powered off the phone and went to sleep.

As I said, dont think the phone is haunted. Is it possible that its hacked by someone who takes over the control of the phone. Alternatively, is there a problem with the software that makes it appear as if someone is accessing the phone? I only see this during charge mode and at night.

thoughts, suggestions? It sounds strange but I am not making this up. Infact I may even take pictures or video the next time this happens. Thanks for listening.

-A

The Following User Says Thank You to skrpn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Scary... NSA is watching you

Does this only happening with activated ethernet connection?
I think such things would be possible with ssh and phone control (dbus commands) but i am not sure

I would flash it to be secure

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I think it's your charger that is the causing this problem
Try a different charger

Edit: By the way, welcome to the forums

Last edited by HtheB; 2013-06-11 at 14:52.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 248 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Eindhoven, Netherlands
Could it be an eery message from the World Pantheist Movement?

The Following User Says Thank You to Ariadeno For This Useful Post:
yes. I do have ethernet wireless on always. Are you saying it is a hacker accessing the phone?

Lol@ charger. I still prefer thinking its a ghost. (NSA second)

It was a brand new unlocked phone when I bought it. is it possible to be hacked so quickly?

I will try flashing. Flight mode typically did not lead to this kind of problem.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
It's the charger allright.

Hard to believe, I know, but if you think back, every time this has happened your phone has been connected to the charger, right?

Some N9's are notoriously sensitive to EM from a badly shielded charger circuity, it affects the touchscreen with random taps. Get a better Nokia-approved charger and Nokia-approved USB cable.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I think it's your charger that is the causing this problem
Try a different charger

Edit: By the way, welcome to the forums
Apologies. I thought you were joking.

Will look into the charger.
Thanks

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
mine is almost unusable when a "bad" charger is connected, the touchscreen reacts very weird.

wouldn't have thought it can get as bad as you described it though.

N9 is a diva in every respect

The Following User Says Thank You to dommau For This Useful Post:
id like to say that i had a very similar experience with random tapping; in my case, it was the car charger i was using. i replaced it, and the random calls while driving went away.

the touch screen works by measuring small changes in capacitance, so it makes sense.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:

Tags
ghost-charger, nokia n9