Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Don't swap it. it's a great device. buy a complement. I bought a x10 mini for testing. love it!
I aggree with you, I hate nokia in so many ways but I love it in so many ways too. I've made a complement for myself as well a 2nd hand android phone which is inferior still to the n900.

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
If you really are going to buy an iphone, right now would be the most stupid time to buy one. Isn't the new one coming quite soon (2-3 weeks) so you can get your 3gs even cheaper when 4g is released.

If this was a legit thread, it would have a price offering, list of accessories, where you would be willing to ship too, etc. It's obvious you had no intention of doing so and wanted to provoke a response like the many other similar threads.

i am not trying to provoke a response, i am in the uk and would be willing to trade within the uk, i would rather trade than sell but i guess i would accept about £250 for my phone. it comes with everything that was in the box as well as an aluminium pdair case an 5 spare screen protectors. i am completely serious about trading
MMS enabled using fMMS by frals.

My brother has a Motorola Milestone that he wants to trade for a N900, if you fancy one of them?

Request to have thread moved?

Banned | Posts: 138 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by zombiegavins View Post
for an iphone 3gs on vodafone or a nexus one, anyone interested?
I feel your pain man, i really do.....i went through it too.

Get a 3gs mate, you simply wont regret it, the new 4gs is to be launched soon so maybe hold off a few weeks tbh.

I have N900 and 3gs

There is *no* comparison whatsoever....totally none, the 3gs wipes the floor with the n900 in *every* regard with Loads of high quality free apps.

and for all the posters on here that laud the uber "open platform", let me tell you the N900 is not an open platform, what with nokia closed binaries, and Nokias totally closed development. Until Nokia opens up, the N900 is *NOT* an open platform.

As I said in another post (although some disagree) it is software applications that drive a platform. The N900 has no killer apps (although plenty of apps that kill the phone !), now the platform is in terminal decline, *very few* developers will be inclined to develop on it, instead moving to other platforms (my money is on android), so effectively what you have is what you get.

Just look at the thread on here for PR1.2 bugs........my 3gs has never crashed once.

And before people flame me, only do so if you have used a 3gs and not just basing comments on hearsay and propaganda.

Good Luck anyway with selling it, i was reckoning if I got £250 for mine (boxed as new lightly used) I would be happy tbh

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by garyc2010 View Post
As I said in another post (although some disagree) it is software applications that drive a platform. The N900 has no killer apps (although plenty of apps that kill the phone !), now the platform is in terminal decline, *very few* developers will be inclined to develop on it, instead moving to other platforms (my money is on android), so effectively what you have is what you get...
You're right and I have been saying that for months but nobody seems to understand that - especially Nokia.

However, I bought my n900 because I wanted something I can tinker with and the n900 is perfect for my needs.

I can program it with Python and make pretty apps with Qt too - all on the device itself.

MeeGo is developing well - the n900 will have a lot of use ahead of it.

I never wanted the "Disney" experience of an iPhone - that just creeps me out.

I want to control the stuff I buy - I don't need a corporate dictator telling me what to do.

I like to think I am responsible enough to own an n900 and not too stupid to make my own decisions.

But if people want to buy an iPhone then that is fine. Most people who are scared or intimidated by technology usually buys one - that's fine too.

There's room for many type of devices in the marketplace which means choice and buying a device that suits you.

Welcome to the free market.

Originally Posted by Sash View Post
My brother has a Motorola Milestone that he wants to trade for a N900, if you fancy one of them?
now that's an offer that's too good to refuse, where abouts are you based?
MMS enabled using fMMS by frals.

Banned | Posts: 138 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by zombiegavins View Post
now that's an offer that's too good to refuse, where abouts are you based?
Would you be interested in a trade for 2 chickens, 1 Pig and a case of carlsberg ?