Active Topics

Originally Posted by dicksonleong8 View Post
Updated to Opera Mobile 12.00.8, still can't open local image from 3rd party app (eg. FileBox). Tried uninstall & reinstall again, still the same. Only happens to me?
happen to me too, and it affect wazapp image launcher

Originally Posted by dicksonleong8 View Post
Updated to Opera Mobile 12.00.8, still can't open local image from 3rd party app (eg. FileBox). Tried uninstall & reinstall again, still the same. Only happens to me?
Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
Nope happens to me too. Looking for older opera Mobile deb
It seems that stale mime-types are not removed properly when packages are upgraded or the default browser is changed.

Try the following: Delete the file /home/user/.local/share/applications/defaults.list then enter settings and select a default browser again.

Please report back if it resolves the issue or not.

/ohrn

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ohrn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
There is a question about Youtube that has not been solved by the latest update to 12.0.08. If you access m.youtube.com using Opera and play a video, then on my device, it plays on a purple-themed native videoplayer that has a button on the bottom left that opens the video gallery. If you access the same site using the N9's native browser, then the video plays in a videoplayer with a deep electric blue theme of much higher playback quality.
Youtube serves different content to Opera and the native browser.

The page Opera receives contains RTSP video links that will be opened in the default video player on the phone.

The native browser receives a different page and the video player is part of the browser itself. I'm guessing it's HTML5 video but I have not investigated further.

In short, there is nothing to be done about it.

/ohrn

The Following User Says Thank You to ohrn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ohrn View Post
It seems that stale mime-types are not removed properly when packages are upgraded or the default browser is changed.

Try the following: Delete the file /home/user/.local/share/applications/defaults.list then enter settings and select a default browser again.

/ohrn
This worked like a charm as soon as I deleted the file and rebooted. Thanks!

For Terminal beginners, you just open terminal and type in:

cd /home/user/.local/share/applications/
rm defaults.list

Then just reboot your phone.

Youtube serves different content to Opera and the native browser.

The page Opera receives contains RTSP video links that will be opened in the default video player on the phone.

The native browser receives a different page and the video player is part of the browser itself. I'm guessing it's HTML5 video but I have not investigated further.

In short, there is nothing to be done about it.

/ohrn
Ohrn, if we used a custom UA with Opera that identified our device as a Nokia N9, (1) would Youtube serve the HTML 5 version of the content to our devices and (2) would our phones recognize the content and access the HTML player to play it?

Also, I was wondering if a third party app like Cutetube, which accesses the HTML browser, could be cause for hope that Opera could use some similar strategy to create a solution?

True to my word, I have been using Opera as my default browser and I am quite impressed. My use case involves a lot of reading and browsing, so Opera's strengths are helpful, like the find-on-page function and the select a word and search function. Good work.

Last edited by Hacker; 2012-08-06 at 18:06.

Ohrn, if we used a custom UA with Opera that identified our device as a Nokia N9, (1) would Youtube serve the HTML 5 version of the content to our devices and (2) would our phones recognize the content and access the HTML player to play it?
That wouldn't do much good since Opera doesn't support HTML5 video on the N9 and probably never will. It's way to much work to implement in a hobby project.

Also, I was wondering if a third party app like Cutetube, which accesses the HTML browser, could be cause for hope that Opera could use some similar strategy to create a solution?
Err? No. Opening the RTSP links to the native browser will not help, the video quality will still be bad, if it works at all.

True to my word, I have been using Opera as my default browser and I am quite impressed. My use case involves a lot of reading and browsing, so Opera's strengths are helpful, like the find-on-page function and the select a word and search function. Good work.
Glad to hear you like it.

/ohrn

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 417 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Malaysia

/ohrn
Thanks, now it solve the issue!

Thanks again for your hard work on porting Opera Mobile for this awesome platform.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I did not update Opera Mobile as I wanted to keep the version with Harmattan VKB support (though incomplete and buggy, I know, but when you know it and have the choice to use it or not, that's OK), but is there a "Copy URL" in the context menu in the next versions? It would often be useful (to me at least).

I cant start opera:

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Just learned today that Opera Mobile supports bookmarklet and unlike default browser it CAN be added to Bookmarks, not straight but doable though a bookmarking a random site and replace URL with the script.
behold, Inverted color mode using Darken !!

Code:
javascript:(function(){var%20newSS,%20styles='*%20{%20background:%20black%20!%20important;%20color:%20grey%20!important%20}%20:link,%20:link%20*%20{%20color:%20#0000EE%20!important%20}%20:visited,%20:visited%20*%20{%20color:%20#551A8B%20!important%20}';%20if(document.createStyleSheet)%20{%20document.createStyleSheet("javascript:'"+styles+"'");%20}%20else%20{%20newSS=document.createElement('link');%20newSS.rel='stylesheet';%20newSS.href='data:text/css,'+escape(styles);%20document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(newSS);%20}%20})();
Please consider adding possiblity to lock Opera orientation, so that I can use its portrait mode while lying down.

Random article from Google news:
Original:

with Darken:

Last edited by Kozzi; 2012-10-14 at 22:42.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post: