Active Topics

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
After messing around with the EVO and it's amazing kickstand (made of metal and actually supports the device correctly), I can safely state that the N900's kickstand is the poorest, cheapest, flimsiest, plasticist', bad angledist' piece of junk ever designed.

Whoever designed this should be locked in a room and forced to listen to the entire ABBA collection and not their ten hits either. The REAL bad stuff

added:

Bananarama too!!

Last edited by Rushmore; 2010-06-07 at 18:36.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
dont have problems with it.it seems a little bit crappy bit it works.have someone it broken yet??

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
I have had mine since last year and always hated it (the stand), but the EVO's stand is a polar opposite in goodness. So much so, I have posted my first (probably last) rant.

Still one of greatest media players evah'!

Last edited by Rushmore; 2010-06-07 at 18:37.

just play Nina pretty ballerina over and over again.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
lol. yeah... the kickstand isn't my favorite either on a overall great phone. Just feels like a much lesser version of the N810's awesome kickstand.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Just feels like a much lesser version of the N810's awesome kickstand.
Yes, but people kept complaining the kickstands on the N800 and N810 blocked the USB ports. Of all the complaints from the community to latch onto and "fix", Nokia, you had to pick that one.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Whoever designed this should be locked in a room and forced to listen to the entire ABBA collection and not their ten hits either. The REAL bad stuff
... well... in fact, I put "ABBA - The Complete Studio Recordings" (133 tracks) on my N900 on Thursday and listened to it during two 4 1/2 hour train rides. Alphabetically. And no, I did not skip all those French, Swedish, German and Spanish versions or extended US-remixes of the same songs.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
tha stand is bad because it isnt centered in the middle, but the biggest construction mistake was to place the earplug/headphone jack at the bottom (where the keyboard is) and not at the top.. cable gets in the way when you are typing...really foolish!!

but that doesnt make the n900 a failure, its just not perfect, thats all

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
... well... in fact, I put "ABBA - The Complete Studio Recordings" (133 tracks) on my N900 on Thursday and listened to it during two 4 1/2 hour train rides. Alphabetically. And no, I did not skip all those French, Swedish, German and Spanish versions or extended US-remixes of the same songs.

shame on you!!!!!i wonder that the n900 isnt explode after the deadly file transfer..........

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
yeah, the N900 stand is definitely sub-par. Off-center and flimsy....synonym for almost useless. /me misses the N800 stand