Originally Posted by ombre View Post
No, I mean and I am almost sure of it, that there will be no maintenance of Harmattan at all starting from May 2012 (yes this year).
Tell us all you know

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
N9 maintenance will mostly go to a big sub-contractor (I don't know who).

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by ombre View Post
No, I mean and I am almost sure of it, that there will be no maintenance of Harmattan at all starting from May 2012 (yes this year).
This is true for the most part, from Nokia, you are correct.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Last edited by Arie; 2012-03-23 at 16:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
So the questions are: How many people from this subcontractor will work on Harmattan maintenance, which scope do they have and for how long?

Originally Posted by marrat View Post
So the questions are: How many people from this subcontractor will work on Harmattan maintenance, which scope do they have and for how long?
I don't have those answers and I doubt anyone here does. You're asking questions well above my knowledge.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
I don't have those answers and I doubt anyone here does. You're asking questions well above my knowledge.
That's perfectly fine if you don't know. Didn't want to offend anyone here, I'm just interested.

Originally Posted by marrat View Post
That's perfectly fine if you don't know. Didn't want to offend anyone here, I'm just interested.
No offense taken, I'm saying that no one here would know that information.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Like i said before... Frustrated by a former employee of Nokia... Now, intimidated by the future or something...

He maybe knows something more than we...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

I sure would like landscape mode support for the native Facebook app, and the other Nokia-built apps that don't already have it before they pack up shop. And text re-flow and flash support with native browser would be nice. Maybe the new guys will hook us up with some good work, the Nokia N9 team has done a wonderful job, given the circumstances.

We have a great device, and the experience of the N9 will continue to expand with game changers like the Nitroid project hitting alpha release. The new superphones will assure that we always have something good to look forward to.

Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
I sure would like landscape mode support for the native Facebook app, and the other Nokia-built apps that don't already have it before they pack up shop. And text re-flow and flash support with native browser would be nice. Maybe the new guys will hook us up with some good work, the Nokia N9 team has done a wonderful job, given the circumstances.

We have a great device, and the experience of the N9 will continue to expand with game changers like the Nitroid project hitting alpha release. The new superphones will assure that we always have something good to look forward to.
This is pure speculation, but somehow I feel we might see more app-related activities from Nokia due to the next billion project.

Last edited by sony123; 2012-03-24 at 04:53.