Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Jolla's MeeGo UI is ready to go - and it's on the hunt for mobile talent
http://www.zdnet.com/jollas-meego-ui...nt-7000002728/
This is all sounding too good to be true, it aint right, he's got to be exaggerating a bit.
It really does look too good

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2012-08-16 at 18:22.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
They reallly have to come up with something BIG if they plan too take >2% of the market in two years....

If they even success to sellout Nokias upcoming WP phones I am happy....

Mostly because I want to see Elop FAIL!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
The more I read about Jolla, the more I fail to see what they are doing.

What we need is something solid. I still want to know who is wasting the millions for this great course.

Nice concept

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-08-16 at 19:36.

You can't see anything about what Jolla is doing yet. No point in speculating.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Android applications for Jolla with ACL-technology
Here is the secret weapon of Jolla

Finnish Jolla Mobile wants to develop a better smartphone, which immediatly has a lot of applications. The company's secret weapon, has today appeared in the magazine 3T, which is acl-technique for the upcoming MeeGo phone so Android applications can also be used.

Jollas Mobile's President and CEO Jussi Hurmola does not want to even announce the Android applications support. He reveals, however, 3T-magazine that applications can be converted to Meego with ACL technology. Hurmola says that the smartphone will also support HTML5 and Qt-based applications.

Hurmola is convinced that Meegos transparency stimulates interest in both enthusiasts and professionals. He praises the multi-tasking better than competitors. Jolla promises a whole new experience.

"Our user interface is more modern than the Android and iPhone. They have remained static for five years, but can do better, "says Hurmola to 3T Journal.

Hurmolas, a former employer of nokia, favorite phones are the Nokia N900 and N9. Even still the user interface of those two phones can still be improved.

"We are taking smart phones forward from the current opening and closing applications based user interfaces," he explains.

The first smartphone Hurmola does not reveal much. He says that a touchscreen device with 3.5-inch screen feels small, so you can expect bigger with the upcoming phone. Device is assembled by a sub-contractor, but Jolla is also hiring device engineers and designers.

Jolla and CEO Jussi Hurmolas interview is published in its entirety in 3T-journal17/08/2012

http://www.3t.fi/artikkeli/uutiset/t...n_salainen_ase

P.S. sorry for the fast google translate type of translation!

Last edited by jamqpa; 2012-08-17 at 06:19.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
3,5 is small, 4,5 is for kids. Need to be at least 4,8. Bigger screen is more important without keyboard. Don't go baby size, Jolla!

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Because waiting without speculating is boring... Could Jolla be aiming for something similar than what were the original plans for Harmattan?

http://phonewebz.com/maemo-harmattan...-mobile-os.htm

Originally Posted by OVK View Post
Because waiting without speculating is boring... Could Jolla be aiming for something similar than what were the original plans for Harmattan?

http://phonewebz.com/maemo-harmattan...-mobile-os.htm
That would be nice together with a real keyboard.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
3,5 is small, 4,5 is for kids. Need to be at least 4,8. Bigger screen is more important without keyboard. Don't go baby size, Jolla!
Quite frankly I wouldn't like to lose the ability to handle my phone with one hand for "on the go stuff", such as maps, checking train times, etc., this is related somewhat with the size of the screen (and your hand), but also with the UI.

The N9 has been perfect for this so far, iPhone 4 is rubbish, and they are both the same size. I held a SGSII and it was "ok" (if it weren't for the UI, that is), I tried a SGSIII and I thought that was too much - walking with an umbrella in one hand and the phone in the other checking whatever you need to check is a drop risk at that size, for me at least.

Having said all this, I'd still like to have a better equivalent to the AirUI, for reading news and the like while your hands are busy eating breakfast ;-)

you just lacking skills. Using galaxy note with one han is no problemas if you are using the right and dont holding the phone but instead just let it rest on your smallalest finger.

anyway... 4,0" is the most wanted size for jolla mobile according to this poll.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85410

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla