Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
>in a couple of weeks they should announce a few partnerships

And here we are, over a month later, and I must have missed these announcement(s) ...
They were announced at MWC but I too am looking forward to seeing some of these actaully happen. I want to see native Angry Birds, not only to show that games makers are willing to port to Sailfish but also interested to see how it integrates with the OS such as the OTH ambience.

Fsecure is interesting for having cloud back up which I really miss too, let alone it's other uses.

I am not sure these are related to a release as such, but if they are the next release is rumoured for 14th April. That date would figure as about a month since 1.0.4.2.

I don't think you were alone to be expecting these alliances and features with the last and first non beta release. I certainly was expecting them otherwise why make the announcement?

Lots of excitement at MWC but it's all gone quiet since.

Last edited by bockersjv; 2014-04-09 at 10:34. Reason: typos

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
They were announced at MWC
The partnerships with Rovio, F-Secure and Tieto were announced prior to MWC, and are not what I am referring to.

Since MWC, on 20 March it was reported that Antti Saarnio, Jolla's Chairman of the Board, has stated that Jolla would be announcing new partnerships "in the next couple of weeks" (http://www.kauppalehti.fi/etusivu/jo...a/201403661142)

Last edited by strongm; 2014-04-09 at 12:20.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Maybe he is a trekkie, where weeks mean months and months mean years, after all it was an uncoded channel

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Finland
Couple of days ago I noticed that there were tons of Jolla package updates available in Warehouse program (does anyone else have these?) and I decided to run "pkcon update" in terminal.
It seems that I got beta version of next update (Paarlampi) as result.
Attached screenshots of some changes I noticed:
Attached Images

Last edited by Hypnos; 2014-04-09 at 15:23. Reason: Blur IMEI :b

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Hypnos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
Nice one, will also try once at home.

On a side note, i would not release my phone IMEI on the internet

Last edited by Mitrigol; 2014-04-09 at 21:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mitrigol For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
Tried, but no luck.

Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
Originally Posted by szymeczek34 View Post
Tried, but no luck.
same for me

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
The 14th of April date is probably just people getting confused with the tag on together being apr14 where 14 is more than likely the year.

https://together.jolla.com/questions...:apr14/page:1/

Personally I'd rather they took longer and got CalDAV and possibly CardDAV working. I've not been able to sync my phone since November last year and I'm having to carry another phone around to do that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Personally I'd rather they took longer and got CalDAV and possibly CardDAV working. I've not been able to sync my phone since November last year and I'm having to carry another phone around to do that.
If we took a bit longer and waited for every feature that everyone held that opinion on ... well ... you'd be waiting even longer than it took Nokia to deliver a software update

Moving on (though I hope you get the point I'm trying to make, humour aside) - work on CalDAV is proceeding (https://github.com/nemomobile/buteo-sync-plugin-caldav/) - but it won't be featured in the next update. It probably won't be too far off, though, given it's coming together (YMMV: I don't work on any of this stuff, I haven't looked at the actual plans, just recalling what I remember).

It's taken a bit longer than I personally expected it would, but there's been a pretty big pile of work on top of the guys working on it, so I'm not entirely surprised.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
CalDAV would be nice, yes, but no essential for me.
However the indication that MMS would be coming in Paarlampi is really good thing

BTW, @w00t, could you comment on how is it possible for someone to accidentally get a beta/partial of the next release from the store?

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"