Hello,

Lets say you wanted to keep your N900 as disinfected from germs as possible. Normally I would use a medical alcohol pad with my old phones (available at your local pharmacy, 300 for $3 or so).

But with the N900 I am concerned about the possible corrosive nature of alcohol pads, and the damage they could do to the seemingly fragile keyboard.

Does anyone have any ideas about this how to keep your phone reasonably germ-free, while not damaging the N900?

Thanks
Attached Images

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
they are only your germs.....! Why is it such a concern?? I've never caught anything from any of my phones......well excluding the stress I suffered with my N96 lol

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
dettol and a wire brush!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZootHornRollo For This Useful Post:
Wow!! is the real or what? So health conscious. I hope you don't used your N900 as a public phone. LOL!!! else, you need to get more of these stuff....

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hamburg, Germany
Well according to this quiz:
http://theoatmeal.com/quiz/phone_germs
there can be a few hundred toilet seats on your phone.

Hahahaha... how about your wallet? your money??? your door nob, when you eat outside sitting at the restaurant? taking public transport, ...... etc. Best.... is live in a bubble.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by jfk View Post
Well according to this quiz:
http://theoatmeal.com/quiz/phone_germs
there can be a few hundred toilet seats on your phone.
225 on mine! Where's the dettol...

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
207 toilet seats here.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by mail_e36 View Post
Hello,

Lets say you wanted to keep your N900 as disinfected from germs as possible. Normally I would use a medical alcohol pad with my old phones (available at your local pharmacy, 300 for $3 or so).

But with the N900 I am concerned about the possible corrosive nature of alcohol pads, and the damage they could do to the seemingly fragile keyboard.

Does anyone have any ideas about this how to keep your phone reasonably germ-free, while not damaging the N900?

Thanks
As a microbiologist my advice would be to worry less about germs. That allows you to enjoy life, not just your N900, more.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on May 2008 @ France
lol I got 431 toilet seats... I guess I keep my immune system fit and busy, lol.
Our parents lived without antiseptic soaps and wipes, I don't see how germs will make my life harder.