Notices

Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
Estel: It is a fact of the universe that poking at a box with a stick rarely improves its function.
If You scrollback a little into this thread history, you will see, that for many images, poking this box with a stick - in fact - improved it. Nicolai knew that something is wrong here, so he requested sunny day tests.

It's still a mystery, why moderate/low light photos looks amazingly better with black levels set to 0 0 0 0, yet, Your post with "universal wisdom" wasn't helping to solve this.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
There was an interesting question about keeping last N minutes of video capture:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82561
But we need help with gstreamer.
I've tried to use queue sink with leaky=upstream and min-threshold-time:
Code:
gst-launch v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! queue leaky=upstream min-threshold-time=10000000000 ! autovideosink
But don't have enough experience to correctly select any non-raw recording sink combination. And currently it becomes unresponsive even with 10 seconds of threshold, not to say about more time. Maybe encoding video will allow more delay? And, finally, maybe it can be camera-ui2 feature someday?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Found two bugs in camera-ui2:

Open camera
Open 'General settings' (rectangle icon on the lower left on main screen)
Change 'Show captured image' setting to something else
Click save
Image count (number on the left) now is 0 and 'General settings' icon has become a striked out microphone (mute?)
Take an image/record video -> "Memory full. Unable to save image."

Restoring the original settings for 'Show captured image' does not fix that. Cannot choose internal storage for saving images (drop down is disabled).

Only way to fix the problem was to insert a microSD card and restart camera application, then go to 'General settings' and choose 'Internal Storage'.

Bug is reproducible every time.

Second one:

While 'No' is selected for 'Show captured image' setting camera-ui does not save captured images.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tecs For This Useful Post:
I can confirm this bug too

I used this solution and it worked for me, and now I can edit the time out option in the camera app :
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...39&postcount=2

Last edited by ticktock666; 2012-02-25 at 11:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to ticktock666 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Thank you tecs and ticktock666
for your bug reports. I pushed a new commit
to camera-ui gitorious that fixed the
"not enough memory" bug.
Please test this fix (deb file attached).

Originally Posted by tecs View Post

Second one:

While 'No' is selected for 'Show captured image' setting camera-ui does not save captured images.
Are you sure about this? For me, images are always saved.
Regardless of the show captured image setting.
Attached Files
File Type: deb camera-ui_1.1.29.2+0cssu10_armel.deb (64.5 KB, 124 views)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
I've downloaded the file but I'm unable to install it (usually I just click the file and HAM does the rest) but I'm getting an error message :
incompatible package , can't install (I believe this is a problem in my device rather than the .deb file)

I installed it via terminal using dpkg command and it installed correctly, I can't see the problem anymore, but I think tecs need to report about this since my problem was fixed yesterday using terminal command you mentioned in the other thread

Thanks again for your great work on the camera-ui app, this really improved my experience in taking pictures

The Following User Says Thank You to ticktock666 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Real-time test -

Changed the setting - memory full shows up
Installed package and rebooted
Opened camera-ui - image number fixed, changing settings does not recreate bug

Bugfix 1 confirmed

Taking shot - no image in gallery, reopening gallery after 30s - nothing, reopening after 30s -nothing, ... , and so on.

Every time I reopen the gallery a notification saying "Retrieving information on new media files. Estimated time remaining: xx:xx" shows up where xx:xx is for example 05:xx, goes down, jumps to 06:xx, goes down, jumps to 07:xx, and so on - constantly taking more time.

After about ~10 minutes image shows up...

Bug 2 does not exist, it actually takes a lot of time for image to show up.

Images with 2s preview or more show up immediately.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tecs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bhopal (India)
No one bothered to tell How TO install these .deb files..
whenever I try to open them, I recieve an error sayin "Unable to update, Incompatible application package"
Anyone please help!!

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
sudo gainroot
dpkg -i /path/to/package.deb

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by aakash_scsa_hellyeah View Post
No one bothered to tell How TO install these .deb files..
whenever I try to open them, I recieve an error sayin "Unable to update, Incompatible application package"
Anyone please help!!
If you would have searched for this exact error message string, you would have found at least one post where the solution is exactly what my pre-poster wrote.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle