Notices

Well.. Im thinking the DSE box may be branded, but orginally came from a generic model.. Umm how do you get the new remotes released as you aren't using a server.. Updates Maybe?

Last edited by tuxbox; 2012-02-25 at 20:58. Reason: Grammatical Issues

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by tuxbox View Post
Well.. Im thinking the DSE box may be branded, but orginally came from a generic model.. Umm how do you get the new remotes released as you aren't using a server.. Updates Maybe?
Yup, that's my current model. I'm slowly trying to work out a system to allow users to load their own config files, but for now, everything is built right in to the executable.

And yeah, it does look like the DSE config files I've got may be from re-branded models...

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Has anyone from Australia found anything for the Foxtel Cable IQ2 box?

This is a very cool remote app btw Copernics.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by king Ralphred View Post
It's a Thomson sky+ box I'm using and it does work but only every few presses. I'll have another go tonight and see if I can pin down the problem. All 3 buttons have the same problem
Also just tested a Sky+HD box right up close with no joy.

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Yup, that's my current model. I'm slowly trying to work out a system to allow users to load their own config files, but for now, everything is built right in to the executable.
It works a lot better this way, especially since the RAM usage has been sorted.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Please add code for following

a) Magnavox MPD820 Portable DVD Player. Tried the existing keyset in DVD and doesn't work.

b) DV552 LG DVD Player.

c) WII Gaming console.

Thanks again.

Last edited by akashvani; 2012-02-26 at 11:16.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Dee Why, Sydney, Australia
Hi all,
Great app. great fun annoying the missus.
Just wondering if it was possible to add key set for Australian Sanyo TV, remote model RC-J17- OA.
Keep up the great work.
Thanks

daaaaayuuuuuummmmmnn.....my daughter destroyed the remote to my samsung dvd player and for many years i couldn't navigate any DVD menu with the player. i could only play from the beginning. thanks to pierogi, my player is now partially functional again (there are a few more advance settings like equalizer that doesn't yet have a corresponding entry in pierogi).

thanks!

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Plovdiv, Bulgaria
I finally got Sony's RM-887 to work from Keyset 1. There were two problems preventing this - the Sony TV Keyset 1 wasn't shown in the TV filter (only from 1a and up) and I missed it from the main screen. And secondly - the range is really... small - 20-30 cm (<~1ft).

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by tecs View Post
I finally got Sony's RM-887 to work from Keyset 1. There were two problems preventing this - the Sony TV Keyset 1 wasn't shown in the TV filter (only from 1a and up) and I missed it from the main screen. And secondly - the range is really... small - 20-30 cm (<~1ft).
The filter it's not currently 100%, it uses data from the device compatibility wiki.
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
As the old saying goes, "that's not a bug, that's a feature!" Well, ok, yeah, that's kind of a bug, but not in the coding sense, more in the design sense. I put the "filter by device" feature in to try and utilize the compatible device data I've been slowly feeding in to Pierogi. But, if you check out the Device Compatibility List, you'll notice that "TV Keyset 1b" is the only Panasonic TV keyset with any devices listed. It's going to take some time to build up a real database of what devices work with what keysets.

I probably shouldn't even have that filter in there until more device data is available. (I could also just claim that all the Panasonic TV keysets support Panasonic TVs, but I'd prefer not to make that claim until I've received confirmation that the keysets work on at least one TV. The data I'm using to create keysets in Pierogi is not necessarily trustworthy in all cases...)

The range issue with some sony devices is also known, I am sure if you can post the model of your device this would help Copernicus.
Thanks

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Fantastic app for the devices it supports. Great work on it, and most importantly a decent UI! Thanks

Unfortunately none of the Pioneer keysets appear to work with my devices though (tested with 1.0) so if there are any others you can add that would be good. I also noticed that if I select Pioneer->TV it doesn't show the "Pioneer TV keyset 1" which shows up on "Pioneer->all" - is that a bug?

For the record the devices I'd like to have working are:
KRP-500A (TV) - IR compatible with the 5090 AFAIK
VSX-D912 amp
DV-696 DVD player

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control