Active Topics

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Okay I guess this means there is no way to reflash a bricked device if you are running Windows 7. But is there a more simple solution? My device isn't actually bricked. Can't I restore to factory settings from the device itself?
Can anyone read?

The bug report says UNCONFIRMED for the statement that you can't boot from the 64-bit version of Windows 7.

1. Unconfirmed, in my humble opinion, means that you MIGHT be able to boot from the 64-bit version of Windows 7.

2. Some people don't run the 64-bit version of Windows 7. Making a blanket statement after reading that bug report that you can't reflash a bricked device if you are running Windows 7 is a bit premature, since the case of people running a 32-bit version of Windows 7 exists, doesn't it?

Either that word UNCONFIRMED should be changed, or someone should try to confirm it. Someone should see if it works from a 32-bit version of Windows 7.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mysticrokks View Post
how do i get a linux on my vista 64bit pc- can i get my laptop to boot up a linux from start up
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LiveUsbPendrivePersistent

e: it was this hard:
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=ubuntu+persistent
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
wow what s that google thing, it seems interesting- what doe sthe box do?

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
I'm not sure how you did that google thing, but it would be awesome if you could share how to do that so we can all "help ppl find stuff" ( by showing them how to use Google ).

I did not get it working under Win7 x64, even with disabling the driver check upon boot.
I solved the issue by passing the USB to the Virtual Windows XP mode. This worked fine, though its quite weird...

Last edited by stone17; 2010-01-11 at 05:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stone17 For This Useful Post:
hi stone, could you plz guide me though your process. i'm trying do flash using windows XP, but still "suitable USB device not found, waiting"

Originally Posted by everon3336 View Post
hi stone, could you plz guide me though your process. i'm trying do flash using windows XP, but still "suitable USB device not found, waiting"
You have to install the Flasher Tool in the XP mode, which will also install the needed drivers, before attaching the N900 to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to stone17 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ florida ST.PETE
i gonna try this cos i have same problem in XP,and in win 7 no work for me,i try flesher tool,hope help

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
1) Do you have that flasher-3.5 tool installed in that directory (folder)?
2) Have you double-checked that your flasher-3.5 tool installed in that directory by navigating with windows explorer? Is it actually residing in Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5?
3) Are you sure that the tool name is actually flasher-3.5 and not flasher-3.5.exe? Normally windows requires filenames to end in .exe to signify that it is an executable and not a regular file.
4) Have you pressed tab a few times whilst typing that command to see if the command prompt can actually find the executable file?
5) Are you sure the file itself is not actually a directory? If your command prompt auto completes upon a few characters of the right filename or directory name it will say it is either .exe or whatever otherwise it will show a backslash `\' to signify that it is a directory and not a regular file. Also if there are more than one filename with slightly different name and/or extension it may either not fully auto complete or may show you the different variation of the filenames that matches the requested pattern.

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Yeah I couldnt flash my phone either. And I am a Linux guy. It's freakin ridiculous. I am mad as **** lol. I tried using FC15, Debian, Ubuntu Live AND Ubuntu from the hard drive. I tried 4 different computers.

My main problem was simple. No matter what, when I plugged in the phone, my computer never recognized it. It would just say suitable device not found.

Now sometimes when I plugged in the phone my computer would see it, but then it would say unsuitable device found again.

I just sent my phone to Palco Cell Phone Repair. They only charge $42 to reflash it.

I tried all the tutorials. All of them say basically the same thing. Start the flasher, plugin your phone and it will flash. Or start the flasher, THEN plugup your phone (Yeah I know rocket science right lol) Man none of that **** worked. I have no idea why