Posts: 100 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ india
Hi
have the N900 india version which is obviously different from the global release

I cant seem to be able to configure any VOIP accounts. it will give me google chat from my account but wont put gtalk and skype isnt available even through settings etc

any suggestions on over coming this apart from flashing my phone to the global update

thanks

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
No idea about the indian version mate.. i use the US version or the global version, and both let me use the VOIP thingy

The Following User Says Thank You to navsin For This Useful Post:
you have the latest firmware ?

The Following User Says Thank You to seerajesh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
reflash it with the global verion of Maemo, there are other threads on web on same topic try googling it.

The Following User Says Thank You to vivmak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dhanurdhar View Post
Hi
have the N900 india version which is obviously different from the global release

I cant seem to be able to configure any VOIP accounts. it will give me google chat from my account but wont put gtalk and skype isnt available even through settings etc

any suggestions on over coming this apart from flashing my phone to the global update

thanks
hi
you can flash it with maemo flasher to the global firmware, i've been using it with the global version since i got it.
but just remember, THIS WILL VOID ur warranty, so before going to NOKIA CARE, remember to reflash to the INDIAN VERSION, and you're fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to atifhasan86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ india
Thanks for the feedback
was able to flash it to the global version using maemo flasher and on XP.. windows 7 does not work.

Skype works like a charm though on video call i see my own image rather than the peron i am calling, im told this is because the other person needs skype 4.2

Having problems with Gtalk.. i can only use the instant messenger. the calling and video options dont even appear, same for all my contacts.

Any idea if certain settings need to be changed etc

cheers

Originally Posted by navsin View Post
no idea about the indian version mate.. I use the us version or the global version, and both let me use the voip thingy
need help in installing skype

Anyone thr

Originally Posted by lini View Post
Anyone thr
Assuming you are using the global firmware version (or other version that has Skype support), there is built in support for Skype. There is no installable Skype application.
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Originally Posted by dhanurdhar View Post
Thanks for the feedback
was able to flash it to the global version using maemo flasher and on XP.. windows 7 does not work.

Skype works like a charm though on video call i see my own image rather than the peron i am calling, im told this is because the other person needs skype 4.2

Having problems with Gtalk.. i can only use the instant messenger. the calling and video options dont even appear, same for all my contacts.

Any idea if certain settings need to be changed etc

cheers
Hi Dhanur, This seems great..I too, user of N900 for past 4 months..But i want to feel the video call on Skype/ 3G /Gtalk..Pls give me a feedback on ur flashing procedures? ..As u r experienced in this..

I have the version as below
VERSION: 10.2010.19-1.004.....