Notices

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Well... I find that video weird. I get almost full speed at 700Mhz in Mario Kart. Running at 1150Mhz is overkill for it. I bet 805Mhz is enough.

OoT? It's not a soft cookie. But believe it or not: it runs really close to full speed WITH sound at 1150Mhz and 1 frameskip. That's with fog enabled. (I don't know what causes it... But certain objects disappear in the distance. Namely the whole terrain.)
But audio tends to lag a bit. (Occasional drops)
Precisely, it goes to 8-9FPS in Hyrule Field, 15FPS in many other places, when target is 20FPS. This is with sound.
Without it, I get 10-11FPS in HF, and 15FPS most other places. I think 15FPS could be full speed, because it's reeeaaally smooth. (And besides: frameskip has to skip something.)

I also recommend to enable automatic frameskip, I think it helps a lot.

Last edited by Nokia 5700; 2011-08-27 at 21:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nokia 5700 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nokia 5700 View Post
Well... I find that video weird. I get almost full speed at 700Mhz in Mario Kart. Running at 1150Mhz is overkill for it. I bet 805Mhz is enough.

OoT? It's not a soft cookie. But believe it or not: it runs really close to full speed WITH sound at 1150Mhz and 1 frameskip. That's with fog enabled. (I don't know what causes it... But certain objects disappear in the distance. Namely the whole terrain.)
But audio tends to lag a bit. (Occasional drops)
Precisely, it goes to 8-9FPS in Hyrule Field, 15FPS in many other places, when target is 20FPS. This is with sound.
Without it, I get 10-11FPS in HF, and 15FPS most other places. I think 15FPS could be full speed, because it's reeeaaally smooth. (And besides: frameskip has to skip something.)

I also recommend to enable automatic frameskip, I think it helps a lot.
Thanks for the reply. Please forgive me if there is a misunderstanding. I'm just confused. Because almost every day I'm searching the whole Maemo threads on the world wide forums. No one mentioned running OoT with full speed except in this forum. Check yodawg's post for example in the page 118:

Originally Posted by yodawg View Post
@robnas download and install the glesn64 0.3 to play oot, its a couple of pages back

i am having great success playing many games and having a lot of fun on the train ride in every morning and evening

ive customized controls in the input settings menu within mupen so that i can i move diagonally forward either left or right which is a must for any 3d platform or action game

ive fiddled around with options like frameskip which at 3 makes many games run great vs when its at 1

i can play super smash brothers, no mercy, oot all full speed with sound at around 1ghz

damn it feels good to own a n900
I think it's somewhat related with the configuration settings. That must be the reason of difference.

Anyway, I want to thank you for informating me.

BTW what's up with the Goldeneye?

Mario Kart, OoT, Super mario 64 are running good, but the other games are all bugged and glitched and laggy with glesn64 0.5...

I wanna play other games like Paper Mario, Super Smash Bros, Conkers Bad fur day, Banjoo Kazoie, etc.

Btw. played OoT to the Shadow Temple, good work at OoT though like 40 fps with sound most, fullspeed (1ghz)

Last edited by razefox; 2011-08-28 at 16:06.

Thanks. What's the current progress with Goldeneye?

I noticed that if you change sound to PA64 it will run nearly as fast as without sound.

Nice. Eventough I prefer turning the sound off to conserve the battery, it would be great to play Goldeneye with sound.

Can you inform me about the minimum and maximum values of FPS?

Last edited by El Diablo; 2011-08-28 at 22:44.

Still waiting for an answer...

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Those of you playing ocarina of time - I've got a question and I'm not sure whether it's something up with the game, the emulator, or my sixaxis controller/config:

I've started playing through the game again, after sending my phone off for reapirs without backing up my save game data. I've got the shield, and pressing L1 uses it, but also 'x' (the green button on the n64) also crouches behind the shield, instead of jumping etc...

Is this how it's supposed to be, I don't remember it like this last time round..

EDIT: Yep, just tried with accelemymote, and sure enough, the 'x' on the keyboard(green on n64) does attack ie rolls when running etc, and the 'z' key (which I assume is mapped to the R trigger) crouches behind the shield..

I did have a test in notepad, and the x button and R trigger do trigger different keys, so I'm not sure what's happening..

Last edited by Tedri Mark; 2011-10-22 at 03:37.

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
just changed frame render rate to 1 in the gles config, Zelda OOT now running lovely, with only the occasional audio dropout - no more than with frameskip at 2, mind you...

EDIT:

Okay, maybe not - Smoother, yes, but noticably slow in complicated scenes..

I'm now experimenting with commenting out the frame render rate line, and enabling auto framskip instead. Seemed initially to be a better solution, but just encountered a couple of enemies and it semmed slower than with frameskip at constant... Hmmm...

Last edited by Tedri Mark; 2011-10-25 at 00:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tedri Mark For This Useful Post:
hows the zelda gameplay? is it an enjoyable play?

Tags
emulator, games, mupen64plus, nintendo, nintendo64