Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
That Maltron looks very inconvenient. The only one I'd like to see besides QWERTY is Dvorak.
That was obviously a joke. Maltron is ergonomically great for using with hands but not just with two thumbs as in a mobile.

By the way Dirkvl said talking about layouts here is noise and we could talk about that things here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91539

The Following User Says Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Small update on current activities

timeline:
- waiting on base-pcb for last mockup
- keypad is being finalized
- after the keypad is done, the domesheet can be designed and ordered
- after that the bottom-pcb can be designed and tested
- finalizing design for production

moneyz:
- waiting on quote for lastucase backsides
- waiting on quote for keypad production
- still have to ask for a quote on domesheet
- investigating costs of pcb soldering
these costs are needed for making an accurate estimation for the eventual cost and are all needed before opening pre-orders

got some emails with questions regarding the date when the keyboards will be ready to ship, but given the above uncertainties it may be clear i cannot possibly comment on this. but work is in progress.

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Rough estimate for pricing tohkbd2: 130E

This is for a white keyboard and wooden back (just like latest mockup)

Amount is determined by adding into account:
- sum of parts
- outsourced labour
- insourced labour (#me)
- risk
- taxes

Pre-ordering will not start before i have a working proto that is adequately tested. However, you can support by donating or ordering the SolarTOH

Last edited by dirkvl; 2014-09-22 at 16:45.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
sounds good.
Is it possible to print QWERTZ on the keyboard?

The Following User Says Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
Rough estimate for pricing tohkbd2: 130E

This is for a white keyboard and wooden back (just like latest mockup)

Amount is determined by adding into account:
- sum of parts
- outsourced labour
- insourced labour (#me)
- risk
- taxes

Pre-ordering will not start before i have a working proto that is adequately tested. However, you can support by donating or ordering the SolarTOH
Sounds good. As it's already reached this kind of price, and people are no doubt willing to pay, I'd urge you not to make any unnecessary cost savings and make it the most solid, high quality product you possibly can

As I assume you're going to have the wooden back remain as a Lastucase, have you enquired of them whether they have any contacts who might prove useful for manufacture / assembly?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
sounds good.
Is it possible to print QWERTZ on the keyboard?
scan through the topic, mentioned lots of times: yes, there will me a lot of different layouts.

Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
Sounds good. As it's already reached this kind of price, and people are no doubt willing to pay, I'd urge you not to make any unnecessary cost savings and make it the most solid, high quality product you possibly can
noted.

Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
As I assume you're going to have the wooden back remain as a Lastucase, have you enquired of them whether they have any contacts who might prove useful for manufacture / assembly?
I have already some addresses.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Sounds fair for a custom made product, especially if the quality is there! I'm still in.

I second Bluefoot's message about unnecessary cost savings versus quality and reliability (and please, please, a silent domesheet, but I suppose this does not depend on you).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
I also think the price is adequte, just considering the huge ammount of work that went into the project (Thanks again!)!

BTW, any plans for a Gamegripper for the TOHKBD and/or a "gaming" layout ? (just an idea ;-) )

Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
I also think the price is adequte, just considering the huge ammount of work that went into the project (Thanks again!)!

BTW, any plans for a Gamegripper for the TOHKBD and/or a "gaming" layout ? (just an idea ;-) )
It will be very possible to make a gaming bottom piece, but not a priority at the moment. But feel free to jump in

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
It will be very possible to make a gaming bottom piece, but not a priority at the moment.
Sure, first things first.

But feel free to jump in
I'm probably too busy to build one myself, but you can register my interest for getting one once you start making them.

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd