Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
So, is it all ok even if you have no decent reception? Especially on devices designed to work with online services? ok, I don't see the point then :S
Never said that. What do you mean with no decent reception?? Never had any issues with my receptions ever phone calls where I live or when travel. (I'm using satellite when hiking)

What are we arguing about? I can't remember

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-03-03 at 16:06.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Never said that. What do you mean with no decent reception?? Never had any issues with my receptions ever phone calls where I live or when travel. (I'm using satellite when hiking)

What are we arguing about? I can't remember
Nexus 4 and 5, Samsung SGS2 and 3 have worse reception (in my experience) than Nokia 5800, E7, N9, iPhone 4, Jolla, especially indoors.

While YMMV, I wouldn't say that the nexus's and samsungs have "better hardware" than the Jolla when they don't have a proper antena and/or RX/TX gear. It's like owning a Bugatti Veiron fitted with Fiat 600 tyres.

Anyway, I digress. Let's wait a few more days for Sailfish 1.0, and hopefully have it for Android phones soon after.

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Nexus 4 and 5, Samsung SGS2 and 3 have worse reception (in my experience) than Nokia 5800, E7, N9, iPhone 4, Jolla, especially indoors.

While YMMV, I wouldn't say that the nexus's and samsungs have "better hardware" than the Jolla when they don't have a proper antena and/or RX/TX gear. It's like owning a Bugatti Veiron fitted with Fiat 600 tyres.

Anyway, I digress. Let's wait a few more days for Sailfish 1.0, and hopefully have it for Android phones soon after.
Maybe I live in a country with Topnotch network so I never suffer from that Eifther way. I hope the screen size will be increased in Sailfish 1.0

Sail will rock in a few years when running on big devices. We just need external partners joining the show. Jolla can't do it alone.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-03-03 at 16:39.

So, is it all ok even if you have no decent reception? Especially on devices designed to work with online services? ok, I don't see the point then :S
never had any call/reception problems with my nexus 5.

android is still pants tho, so i'd be happy to pay for a supported sailfish image to install on it.

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
So uh... any word on the next version of Sailfish? Isn't MWC done by now? When are we getting the "commercial" / "1.0"?

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Getting into in an area with poor reception daily, I have made the experience that Jolla so far had the best reception.

(best reception) Jolla > N900 > N9 > ... > N950 (worst reception)

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
So uh... any word on the next version of Sailfish? Isn't MWC done by now? When are we getting the "commercial" / "1.0"?
My prediction is this Friday!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
So any mishap has a chance to blow out of proportion during the weekend.
Sounds like a cunning plan!

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I'll see your Friday and raise you to Thursday

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
I'll see your Friday and raise you to Thursday
I will use official post by Jolla and trump all your cards.

Jolla ‏@JollaHQ 4h

@weirdtechstuff Update will go live next week, please go ahead with your post. Thanks!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"