Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
i want to make sue my settings is correct to get the 10 dollar a month plan. where can i find it? i looked in settings,internet connection. All i get is the name of the connection and a user and password. am i doing somthing wrong.

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
download and install fapn, use that to add your connection

got it ! i will try that. i can get from the repos?

i downloaded apn and still i get the same fileds. it wont give me where i can put the apn. Any more suddestions? please help. i want to make sure i dont get a big bill this month .

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
If you have fAPN, then launch it, add a new connection ("APN") name and then go to Settings/Connections and edit there all values you need.

But if you insert your SIM (the one you want to use with data plan) then normally the connection APN should appear itself in Settings/Connections....

ok i will try without the sim. i tried with the sim and it only gives me a user name and password when i edit. after that gives me advance settins which it need proxy or ip address? i will let you know?

In this dialog (user and password) the first entry is the APN name, as given by your provider.
What else do you need?
Normally no need to set proxy or IPs manually.

OK, sometimes you need proxy. But that was years ago with WAP.

ok. took out the sim and the only connection it lets me edit is wifi connection.

peter , i need the apn so i can get the 10 dollar plan. i put the sim back in so if anyone can tell me the steps to get this done would be a hero in my book. i had the settings before then i flashed my phone and update the new version and now i can't edit my tmobile connection. please help!

OK one more time:
In this dialog (user and password) the first entry is the APN name, as given by your provider.
APNs are only visible with inserted SIM, so thats okay.

In above mentioned dialog there are three values to insert
APN name (e.g. internet.t-mobile.de, dunno know settings for big T)
user
password

Right?
Or what do you have?

Otherwise create a new connection with fAPN and insert there your settings. Not in the program, but in the system/settings dialog.

ok, it doesn't give the apn. all it gives me is to edit the name of the connection, then below is user name and password which i don't know what for? if i press next it gives me the proxy and ip address. i found it before and now its gone.

let me know if i am doing something wrong?
settings- internet connections- connections- tmobile intermet- edit- then i get what i explained above? any idea?

i also used fapn. it makes a connection but if i want to edit i get the same problem?

am i looking in the right place?

Last edited by danx; 2011-12-06 at 23:34.