Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
given the feature creep that the main branch of gwibber have gathered over the last year or so, i dont think it will be practical. Except if one have the whole thing booting from a multi-gig SD card. Last time i tried to compile gwibber for desktop, it was making use of a database system i have never heard of before that was based on a language i had never heard of before, but that seemed to be the latest "hot topic" in cloud integration if i understood the page right.

Also, gwibber development appears to be centered around ubuntu, not debian, and highly dependent on the latest ubuntu release to the point where it more or less stops supporting older versions when a new ubuntu shows up.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
python-wnck missing, I'm giving up on this one.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Oh wells, back to Tweetgo.net.

Thanks everyone who tried.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Hmm - downloaded the source and copied it over to the N810.

Tried to build it and it fails needing python-distutils-extra, which is in extras-devel, but it depends on another package which then has more dependancies - Package hell!!

The Maemo4 VM image with the SDK/scratchbox installed is being downloaded. I'll fire that up, and see if I can grab everything in there, and build Gwibber.

I have also fired a mesage of to the Gwibber team on Twitter (gwibber) asking about a port/package for N8x0 - I suggest everyone else reading this who would like it do the same. The main developer has/had an N810, and has had it working (see link in my above post) so it's doable..
I have the very same problem. Maemo distro is so badly maintained that is becoming unusable.

A pity.

L.