Active Topics

SInce a while, the folders in MfE disappeared. I use MfE for Hotmail. No error messages. Other accounts in modest are working fine.
I have uninstalled the MfE account, deleted all files in /home/user/.modest, then added the my Hotmail back to Mfe, but without succes. Only the default folders Drafts, Outbox and Sent are visible.
When I receive a new mail, the yellow message appeares normally, but when I tap on it, I get just an empty message.

Anybody an idea what to do?

Last edited by lpdv74; 2012-03-27 at 21:30.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
I've had the same problem. I use MfE with Exchange server. Sometimes it fixes itself shortly after. Sometimes it's enough to delete the account and recreate it. Sometimes I have to reboot in between. Sometimes even that isn't enough. Reflash. It's really a mystery. Just have to keep trying...

Last edited by larsoy; 2012-03-27 at 18:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to larsoy For This Useful Post:
Problem solved. Deleted all accounts, then deleted all contents from /var/lib/gconf/apps/modest. Then reboot, add account, reboot again. Now everything is working fine again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lpdv74 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
... until the problem reappears without any obvious cause. That is unfortunately my experience. It can happen tomorrow, or it can happen next year.

But thanks for the tip! Will try it next time!