Notices

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
oh, i thought blizzard was kinda cool with linux
i'm sure they want to be able to access WoW remotely, and among the interesting candidate devices, N900 is up there.

iPhone = financial lure due to easy monetization
N900 = technical lure due to the form factor (though it's not more powerful than the iphone 3gs )

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Defcon & Uplink !!!

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by JeromeV View Post
Defcon & Uplink !!!
*sigh*

Sometimes, I wonder why I even bother.

Please check my previous posts in this thread.

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Are there any change we got a port of Diablo 3 or Starcraft 2 ???

If no, this sucks ....

irony inside

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
How about warzone2100 since it's also Free Software? also maybe: http://ja2.dragonriders.de

Source available but it has some non-commercial and such limitaitons

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
How about warzone2100 since it's also Free Software? also maybe: http://ja2.dragonriders.de

Source available but it has some non-commercial and such limitaitons
The more problematic limitation is this:

Q: What platforms are known to work?
A: Currently known to work are x86-based versions of FreeBSD, Linux, MacOS X and Windows. NetBSD should work, too. If it works for you on another platform, feel free to tell us. It should run on every x86 based System with SDL.

Q: Why is it limited to x86?
A: At the moment the code is dependent on little endian, 32bit architecture and no strict alignment (Sir-Tech didn't intend to use it on anything else than x86). It is planned to fix this limitation.

Although it has been discussed before (and generally thought not possible). How about total annihilation? I recently found this site - ta3d.org where someone is working on a linux port. Essentially seems to be rewriting the executable and using the balance of the original game files.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I relaly tihnk the communitty has to drop everything their working on and port Crysis to Memo 5. This way every1 will take the OS more srsly and we can kick iphone's *****.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Crysis is sooo 2007... I think multiplayer Halo3 ODST would make the N900 awsum !

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Berlin
JA2:Stracciatella seems to work just fine: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=16138. Not so sure about Halo3.
I'd be happy with an OpenGL ES port of FS2_Open, for starters.

Last edited by pH5; 2009-09-10 at 16:43.

Tags
desktop, fremantle, game, linux, mac os x, maemo, maemo 5, port, request, speculation, windows, wow for n900