Notices

I really want full speed GBA emulation, I still miss VBagX from my N95...

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Hmm... Emulators of course are nice, Snes comes to mind first. Ur-Quan Masters is another easy one as it's already done for Maemo.
C&C Red Alert is another good one, it would just require the open source version to be finished. Running the freeware version through DosBox would probably crawl.

I think this has been already mentioned, but OpenTTD would be absolutely great to have!

Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
I think this has been already mentioned, but OpenTTD would be absolutely great to have!
Just tried the one available on N900 hardware (OpenTTD 0.7.2-1maemo4) and it seems to work ok. No idea how to play it though....

//K

The Following User Says Thank You to Kee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kee View Post
Just tried the one available on N900 hardware (OpenTTD 0.7.2-1maemo4) and it seems to work ok. No idea how to play it though....

//K
Great news! So it means that optimizing it for N900 should not be that difficult...

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
Great news! So it means that optimizing it for N900 should not be that difficult...
Yeah, I'm the (current) "maintaner" for the Diablo version and just uploaded it mostly "as is" for Fremantle... AFAIU 0.8.0 is going to have better (relayout-able) form definitions and thus increasing widget sizes will be easier. If you have any ideas or code to contribute there is both a OpenTTD garage project and a thread here.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ukki View Post
Jagged Alliance 2 should be in extras-devel for n8x0 already thanks to qwerty12.
Jagged Alliance 2 for N900 would probably be the only portable game that I needed for the rest of my life.

Besides that, C64 and Amiga emulators would be fun to have.

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Madrid, Spain
Have any of you ever played "Total Annihilation?" That is one of my favorite games :$ It's totally awesome I have all the original CDs and addons, so if anyone is interested, I'd be more than happy to help with this....

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Homeworld on a tablet would be horrible. Full 3D RTS on a 3.5 inch screen, wow...

Though if someone ports it, oh yeah Im going to try and play.

And its ARMel, which means little endian, so warzone2100 should work? I don't know...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Tags
desktop, fremantle, game, linux, mac os x, maemo, maemo 5, port, request, speculation, windows, wow for n900