PS. If someone can help me out to find out the device lock code, here is my root : root:B9Vx2GwDczWvY:

I've got the code, I've tried to "Restore original sttings" but I still have the same issue ( With the low memory thing )

Last edited by Yppy; 2011-04-30 at 15:31.

UPDATE: I have tried to flash it on Windows 7, at one of my friends. It didn't work.

PS. : Sorry for Double Post.

Try to flash emmc only.

I've tried...

I think flashing emmc will solve your problem.
read before doing anything

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware (look for- Flashing the eMMC in the N900)

Please read again what I said... I CAN NOT flash the eMMC !

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Yppy View Post
I've tried again. The first flash went well ( flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f )
But when I tried the second one ( flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R ) It shows the 5 white dots and the second one is bigger. It is like this since 5 minutes. What should I do ?
btw. image for rootfs is old. Please use the newest one (pr 1.3).

Rootfs
RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.........

And I do not know what else should we guide here. Use power search and go flash guide step by step trough. Have you already tried flashing from linux live-cd? This place is full of threads about this kind of issues and people here are just echoing those same old hints what to do. Use search and read read read read and read.

Last edited by slender; 2011-05-01 at 15:55.

@slender but I've already flashed the "COMBINED" successfully, I have troubles flashing the eMMC

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Yppy View Post
@slender but I've already flashed the "COMBINED" successfully, I have troubles flashing the eMMC
Dear. PLEASE use the newest one for rootfs also!

Read flash wiki. User power search and find hints on what might be problem and what to do. Prepare yourself to fact that your devices HW might be faulty.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Hi Friends,

I have a video tutorial for flashing the Nokia N900, hope these will help you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1zvRjL-2cM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O54KdLvTA2U

Also, I have just finished recording another video tutorial for flashing but this time it has voice narration to help even better. The video is still being encoded at the moment; once done I will upload as well. I'll also edit some of the wiki pages to include these video links.

Tips:

1. If you're flashing in a Microsoft-based Operating System, make sure that the user account that you used to log in is an Admin User Account (or enable the "Administrator" account). I tried flashing in Windows XP SP3, Windows Ultimate, and Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10...all of them worked.

2. Make sure that you have downloaded the latest image files.

3. As already mentioned by the others, back up your files before flashing because flashing is, in analogy, like re-formatting a hard drive.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: updated the wiki page to include the video tutorials - http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

Last edited by topet2k12001; 2011-05-01 at 20:07.