Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
how to check the class of sd card?
You look at it carefully......... just kidding. Not easy, you can try some benchmark R/W that is all about it. Company made a couple billions of those card (I guess), and randomly check one or two for QA purpose. So your chance of being 'correct' from the label on the card is ... 0.01 % . The experiement I did with 5 cards, 1G, 2 G and 4Gs X2 and 8G, with class 2 and class 4, concluded that 1G and 2G were way faster than the 4G and 8G. It does NOT make any scientific sense, but that is what I got, the smaller the size, not class, the faster the nitdroid.

Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
when can we play nitdroid games with keyboard which requires multitouch
Dont know or never. Since multitouch is more recent than resistence, there will be few incentive to rewrite softwares to accomodate keyboard for multi touch, just my 2 cents.

bun

2.3.4 nitdroid is an order of magnitude above previous release. strongly recommend to upgrade, especially if you already running 0.0.8 ;or 0.0.9. 2.3.4 feels like a native OS to me.

a lot of goodies are happening in android or 2.3.4.

- flash player is now 10.3
- ipv6 is implemented (easter bunny?)
- Google + are implemented, dont have to beg for an invite. You have nitdroid, you dont have to beg. You stand up tall. Yike!

bun

my class 4 card causes all sorts of problems and slow downs, which make android unuseable yet my class 2 doesnt have the same problem. hmmm....

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
In WindO$e 7 try to copy any 200MB file onto your microSD card, and expand that copying files window to show the speed of data copying, if it is around 3 --> 4 MB/s then it is a class 4 card.

I bought an unbranded 2GB microSD card with no labeling on it with a very very very cheap price, and it turned out to be a class 6 card, not bad.

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
my class 4 card causes all sorts of problems and slow downs, which make android unuseable yet my class 2 doesnt have the same problem. hmmm....

I am very happy to hear your experience. which corroborate my own, the class is a BS!

bun

So so so many people are obsessed with the phone capablility of nitdroid. I just spent sometime and play with it. Here is the results:

Nitdroid 2.3.4: It worked just like any phone you have, except it does NOT transmit voice, it transmitted a very muffled sound. Other than that, it receive/dial/record incoming and outgoing calls/and can hear crystal clear from the calling party, no stuttering at all. Surprise to me! Yes, you can hear your party, incoming, talk, loud and clear while your party, the receiving end, can only hear muffled sound, loud and, oh well, not clear.

That is today nitdroid. Hope this helps someone.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2011-07-10 at 20:42.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
How do you turn off flight mode? It comes on automatically a second after turning it off.

Do it a couple of time, it will go away. If all fail, do the bunanson maneaver turn it on and off, reboot.

bun

Tags
android, gingergreat, nitdroid