Active Topics

Okay So first off all my name is Ron
I want to buy nokia n900 device for pen testing and such..
I though to buy it from Ebay, Here is the page where I Want to buy it from:
Code:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Nokia-N900-3G-32GB-WIFI-GPS-WVGA-5MP-Carl-Zeiss-QWERTY-SmartPhone-/280895021095?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item4166a5e027
Its Says made in finland,
Is the quality is good? Can I trust this seller?
I know that ebay will protect me if the quality = my ****.

I have something like 300$ not more.
what are you saying guys? I really need your help
btw sorry for my english, I'm from israel

Thanks for the help, In advance!

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
Well it has more than 69 already sold... why dont you just see they reviews of the buyer that can give you a good/better feedback than all of us together.

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

The Following User Says Thank You to Shinigamijim For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Shinigamijim View Post
Well it has more than 69 already sold... why dont you just see they reviews of the buyer that can give you a good/better feedback than all of us together.
I already watched his reputation, He has 1000+ bad reputation that saying he selling fake chinise mobile phones,
But there is 75000+ Positive ones that saying its all right and its good,

What about finland? is the quality of the mobile phones that created over there is good?

thanks for the replay.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
On the back of the phone it says: Designed in Finland but I really doubt they are all made there.
And of course the quality is good since it's Nokia (Pre-elop of course)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
On the back of the phone it says: Designed in Finland but I really doubt they are all made there.
and If the phone will broke or something.. How can I fix it? Will nokia fix it for me?

Sorry for the brain digging... I just don't want to spend 300$ and lose them for bad quality...

Originally Posted by Cyb3rD0rk View Post
I already watched his reputation, He has 1000+ bad reputation that saying he selling fake chinise mobile phones,
But there is 75000+ Positive ones that saying its all right and its good,
Yeah looking at his rep, he either has s lot people buying multiple purchases of the same item or he is playing with the rating system to up his stats. He also had a lot of people who are giving honest reviews too. He does have a he'll of a lot of sales though, so he I'd bound to have a mixed bag of reviews.

Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
Yep, the n900 was made in multiple factories. The two big one were Finnish and Chinese, mine is a China model an is still going strong so no need to worry there.

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I think most retail N900 were made in Korea.

I believe it was determined most of those "New" N900s sold from Hong Kong and China are actually refurbished, returned, recycled,serviced phones. The "made in finland" sticker is fake, the phones were not really made there. Housing has been replaced with aftermarket parts, keyboard is not as good, etc. there are many reports of people with the "new" N900 and it has data on it from the previous owner.

For best results find a used phone sold by original owner, not a phone store or reseller place. I got one on eBay for around $150 USD and it is in almost new condition, included all original accessories plus extras, USB port works and everything. Based on data left in the phone, the guy only used it for a couple months and didn't do anything fancy with it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
That cellphoneforever is the same asshat that ripped me of f with a brickable phone.
These phones have fugly well used Nokia boards but fake you out with new plastic, you will find call history and apps installed. Mine was wonky, most installed apps didnt run and wouldnt go into flash mode, finaly tricked it into flashing by rebooting it and got to 43% FIASCO image and bricked it. Wont go into flash mode anymore. I had it delivered in the US and hand carried to me by a friend visiting, paypal and ebay protection were expired by the time I got it. Maybe I can desolder some of the SM components to fix the USB of another N900.
Cellphoneforever can die!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
That cellphoneforever is the same asshat that ripped me of f with a brickable phone.
These phones have fugly well used Nokia boards but fake you out with new plastic, you will find call history and apps installed. Mine was wonky, most installed apps didnt run and wouldnt go into flash mode, finaly tricked it into flashing by rebooting it and got to 43% FIASCO image and bricked it. Wont go into flash mode anymore. I had it delivered in the US and hand carried to me by a friend visiting, paypal and ebay protection were expired by the time I got it. Maybe I can desolder some of the SM components to fix the USB of another N900.
Cellphoneforever can die!
Thanks for this information,
So does anybody can give me website that I can buy Nokia N900 Mobile phone trusted and working.. (up to 200$)

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
You can watch the Buy&Sell subforum here. Many members sell their devices at good prices so they fall in deserving hands.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob