I'm worried about things mentioned by freemangordon + the fact that it's holiday season, and following Murphy's law, there is a chance that many devices will "hit" recipients during their absence.

I'm all ok with receiving device in August or September (seriously!), without any worries. What worry me is lack of predictability.

SD69 received e-mail announcing his shipment + tracking code, today or yesterday. OTOH, other people haven't received it at all. It creates quite a bit of uncertainty I hope that You understand us, Qgil - we're not impatient or pushing You, just a little bit worried about logistic, with the unfortunate database merge being main reason.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Can anyone pop Ville an email?

Customs wants an invoice for the device to let me get it in without dealing with lots of hoopla.

Basically, it needs the type and amount of devices shipped, declaration that it's a gift, and reason for sending it.

DHL rep says that it can be sent to me by email, I'll ask DHL's customs guys if they want it sent direct to them too by Monday.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
People have patient I am sure they will come to us, no meanimg sitting here wait go out in the sun instead

btw if you look on old repost you all see that qmgil had worked hard to make the devices come to us ASAP.

and even with the mess with accoint migration it will be solved if you.had done what they pointed out us to do. (merge all accounts amd fill in adressinfo)

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-07-07 at 09:30.

mike, with all due respect, we're solving serious issue here - look at Post Before Your Post (tm) - so suggesting to go into the sun is little out of the line here.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
mike, with all due respect, we're solving serious issue here - look at Post Before Your Post (tm) - so suggesting to go into the sun is little out of the line here.

/Estel
yes but dont get it why not mail ville directly instead of ask here someone else doing it? Same goes for question related to dhl if u have shipment bumber contact DHL instead of ask qgil to ask DHL.

I dont want to be rude here, just saying..

Edit: just pm:ed villes email to Hurrian when I realized maybe he didnt have his mail.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-07-07 at 14:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Hi qgil! :-)

I have checked my account carefully and I'm sure that I have filled the address. Would you be kind to check it again please? :-)

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Called DHL today, but they don't have anything for me. Well, at least I'm sure it wasn't bounced back to Finland.

It's a pity, that "promised" mails with tracking code are not sent - it would be much easier to track package (obviously) and expect arrival, without calling DHL every few days.

/Estel
Yes, its been almost 2 weeks now since shipments apparently began, some duty issues. Some apparently are on the way. Did anyone from the CA program actually recieve devices?
Cant help but feeling concerned, Would have loved a more tidy process, to make the worrying less.

Does anyone have Ville's mail?

I think its due time some sort of status is being reported to the many people waiting.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Yes, its been almost 2 weeks now since shipments apparently began, some duty issues. Some apparently are on the way. Did anyone from the CA program actually recieve devices?
Cant help but feeling concerned, Would have loved a more tidy process, to make the worrying less.

Does anyone have Ville's mail?

I think its due time some sort of status is being reported to the many people waiting.
I have his mail, but AFAIK few people including me sent him mails, but it would be more practical to send him one mail with all problems of all people.

qgil, i was called toda, and said by DHL that Customs for some reason valued the price of phone 400+$ and there is need to pay 100+ $ taxes and as it's DPP Nokia would pay, but they refused me few times to contact DHL Finland and Nokia to figure it out. So after all i get the device, but Nokia needs to pay extra for delivery just because DHL Israel are stupid and no one contacted with them or contacted Customs.

I sent email to Ville again explaining that as well, as i don't feel it's right. But as well i have nothing to do about it.

Last edited by ZogG; 2012-07-10 at 10:25.

Just to let you know: Today, I got my DHL shipment email.
So they are still processing the list.

The Following User Says Thank You to hschmitt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Let me insist again: please relax and wait.

There are other device seeding activities at Nokia, we are in the middle of Summer holidays and we are processing devices for all developers as we can. Unless you have a device stuck at customs, pinging Ville to know about your device doesn't help.

Thank you for your understanding.

PS: about people leaving for holidays, usual arrangements with couriers should apply. Last year we sent hundreds of devices during July and there were no incidences. Business as usual?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post: