For the past 20 minutes I have been trying to figure out how I can send the automatic $10 donation to the red cross for the Haiti disaster by a sms to 90999 and txt "Haiti"

But for the life of me I don't seem to be able to do it. Instructions from the manual don't seem to apply - there is not a "new sms" option under the conversations menu.

Can someone please tell me how I can do this?

The manual say this:
Attached Images

There is a "New SMS" button at the top of the screen in Conversations, next to the "New IM" button.

It's not in the menu, it's at the top of the screen.

I'm not really sure how you could miss it... Are you sure you've selected the Conversations application?

The Following User Says Thank You to krisse For This Useful Post:
Oh wait, I think I know what you might have done... scroll Conversations to the top of the screen if you've scrolled it down at all.

The buttons are at the top, above the most recently-updated conversation.

The Following User Says Thank You to krisse For This Useful Post:
Here's a screenshot to show what I mean:

http://www.maemo-guru.com/wp-content...0/goEvXYij.jpg

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
Here's a screenshot to show what I mean:

http://www.maemo-guru.com/wp-content...0/goEvXYij.jpg
...did you pay now on your lunch break like Christina asked you to do? Or did you play with the N900 the whole time

The Following User Says Thank You to HugoSon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
Oh wait, I think I know what you might have done... scroll Conversations to the top of the screen if you've scrolled it down at all.

The buttons are at the top, above the most recently-updated conversation.

krisse: You are correct. I did not even realize I was scrolled down. I quit and restarted the app several times, somehow it would always start scrolled down several pages - So i clicked on the drop down menu and only saw SEND IM button. Thanks you for your help - my meager 10 bucks are away and I feel much better!!

I think it does make send for Nokia to put the new SMS button in the menu as well - it would be a much friendlier app that way.

I think it would be much more intuitive if they made those two buttons static. That way, you could scroll as much as you wanted through your convos without worrying about having to scroll all the way back up to send a new message if you were really far down in the list.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mattside For This Useful Post: