Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
I need help. I tried buying the Angry Birds level packs from the ovi store. It went in and took my card information, but then rejected the card and tied up the money for a week. I searched these here forums, and found similar problems (dating back to last June or so -- the ovi folks said "we're working on it"), so I tried going directly to Rovio...But they link back to ovi/android/iphone app stores.

How have others gotten the level packs for angry birds?

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by VulcanRidr View Post
I need help. I tried buying the Angry Birds level packs from the ovi store. It went in and took my card information, but then rejected the card and tied up the money for a week. I searched these here forums, and found similar problems (dating back to last June or so -- the ovi folks said "we're working on it"), so I tried going directly to Rovio...But they link back to ovi/android/iphone app stores.

How have others gotten the level packs for angry birds?
They're freely available on certain Bittorrent sites - if you've already paid for them and are getting no support from Ovi/Nokia then what's the problem?

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
I dont think promoting illegal ways is a good idea. However if you really want to play additional levels get NITDroid. It not only has all levels for free but you can play Seasons as well

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
IIRC, there is no way if you don't have a Nokia compatible card. The makers of AB, Rovio, refused all attempts to allow a transaction outside OVI. We tried.

It's not a good idea to promote what is essentially stealing. Just because it's not fair doesn't make it right. Besides, we all know how torrent works :P

And lead me not into temptation for I can find my own damned path.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Apologies - I've just re-read the OP and noticed that the credit card was declined. I read it as the payment was taken but no download option.

OK - DON'T go to certain Bittorrent sites and download it.

Fixed

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
Apologies - I've just re-read the OP and noticed that the credit card was declined. I read it as the payment was taken but no download option.

OK - DON'T go to certain Bittorrent sites and download it.

Fixed
Yeah, it was declined, which didn't make sense...It was b0rkenness on the part of the ovi store. Sigh.

I was just wondering how others got the level packs, since if we collectively couldn't get them, there would have been some uproar. I wonder if the ovi store is just hit or miss...

--vr

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I certainly did not download the Level Pack 4 using torrents.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
ovi store worked for me after i tried a different credit card... its only like $3, just try to borrow someone else's card and give them the $3.

I much prefer preenv angry birds. Level pack 5 is now complete on angry birds version 1.5.3.. And just finish playing angry birds rio.

The animation on the preenv is not as clear as on the .deb. But It is much smoother.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
I bought first 3, then found about webos games, and now i have rio, seasons, and the usual ones. BTW, when is Easter edition getting released?