Active Topics

Notices

I installed Rapier and it works fine. But when I go to get remote models to install the list comes up empty. It searches but finds nothing. I looked around in this forum and found that some poeple have loaded them manually but it looks like a lot of work and lingo that is way over my head.
Can anyone help me why the remote list finds nothing(the crosswire.org) site seems to be working)? Or help me with an easy step-by-step module install? Thanks

Hi there !

I am assuming you are behind a proxy (download does not work with a proxy). If you are not, you may enable debug and try to see if some more information are available.

You can download modules either manually and unzip them in your sword data directory, download them from your pc using another Sword based program or use the command line installmgr utility to do so.

You will have to set the SWORD_PATH enfironment variable first to point to your sword data path in order to have installmgr works correctly.

Originally Posted by pamadio View Post
You will have to set the SWORD_PATH enfironment variable first to point to your sword data path in order to have installmgr works correctly.
I'm not sure how to do that. Is there a Wiki on that? The good news though is that the remote modules showed up. I think the problem is the internet over here where I'm at in China. I got up this morning, while drinking my coffee I thought I'd try it again and they showed up. So I'm in the process of downloading two versions now. I would still like to know how to import them manually in case it happens again. Thanks, I am so stoked.

You'll have to know first where does Rapier thinks the sword modules are stored.

Open a terminal and type:

gconftool-2 -g /apps/osso/rapier/data_path

Here (diablo SDK), i have:

> gconftool-2 -g /apps/osso/rapier/data_path

/home/user/MyDocs/.documents/sword-plop

Then use this setting as the SWORD_PATH value:

You can:

* list the installed modules:

SWORD_PATH=/home/user/MyDocs/mysword/ installmgr -l

* list the list of modules available on the CrossWire repository:

SWORD_PATH=/home/user/MyDocs/mysword/ installmgr -rl CrossWire

* install one of the modules available on the CrossWire repository:

SWORD_PATH=/home/user/MyDocs/mysword/ installmgr -ri CrossWire
module

(change "module" with the name of the module you are interested in.

Thank you for all our help. I am looking into getting a version that is not offered in the remote module list. So I will do your step by step. I have a few installed from the remote list and everything works great. I used it at a meeting the other night. Thanks so much.

I need to restart this thread for another question. I just downloaded a Chnese version of the Bible which works perfect. Awesome...but I also saw that they have a english to pinyin dictionary. I downloaded it. I can't seem to figure out how to use the dictionaries? When chosen under modules it shows blank. It looks like it wants to list them with chapters of the Bible. I know I'm doing something wrong.
I tried uninstalling them and reinstalling them, but it never actually made them disappear from the list. So I can't reinstall them.
Please help.

Hi there !

You are not doing something wrong: dictionnary are not being taken care of (well, except the strong's number one).

Uninstalling them should work though. If it fail, you may want to try with the command line installmgr.

okay thanks. That is a bummer. I'm just learning Chnese (Pinyin but not characters yet) and I am trying to answer peoples questions, it would be awesome to have a built in dictionary using Pinyin so I can read it aloud instead of me just handing it to them to read characters.
This app has saved me so many times in the short time I've had it. Thank you so much for your hard work.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Sorry, stupid question here.

I'm looking for the New International Version but I'm not finding it anywhere in the remotes.

Is this the same as the International Standard Version?

I am afraid the NIV translation cannot be distributed for copyright reasons...

http://www.crosswire.org/index.jsp?s...translation.3F

The Following User Says Thank You to pamadio For This Useful Post: