It will be out when it's ready...no need to have so many threads all talking about PR1.2

All this hype is going to end with disappointment

Last edited by unkno; 2010-04-06 at 00:01.

Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
This is LoL...
However, I don't think installing each .deb manually is necessary, perhaps it is possible to add this as a repository?
Well, a script/program to pull out all files uploaded from and including 1st April in repo is possible

Then upload to device and do dpkg -i *.deb from dir

That's how I would do it if I was desperate to get PR1.2

Originally Posted by netoak View Post
files are not installable, app manager says are not compatible. In the directory there's no dsc file, then seems they are uploading files for PR 1.2 update
dpkg -i is your friend to install .deb files from terminal

And I thought PR1.1.1 added installing .deb file back in File Manager?

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
Originally Posted by unkno View Post
It will be out when it's ready...no need to have so many threads all talking about PR1.2
Actually, because of this thread, it appears that it may be out BEFORE it is ready!

I'm sure some one found this, and tried updating to this in the PR1.2 speculation thread!

Should try to keep it all in the same thread.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
ffs how long does it take them 3 weeks seriously, sounds like microsoft to me.

Originally Posted by unkno View Post

All this hype is going to end with disappointment
Well this thread is different.
The PR1.2 files are actually there/out for you to upgrade each package individually if you choose to.

I'm only interested in installing HildonDesktop (Menu is now rearrangable, and there is no more "More...") and HildonApplicationManager (Typing in Application Manager searches for applications), that Video Calling thing, need to find out which package it's in first and the camera packages (I think it fixes the front cam and make it better to go with Video Calling)

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
There is nothing mysterious about this. The PR1.2 files are from the sdk repository, that is, the scratchbox environment where you emulate and cross-compile files to ARM in your Intel PC.

As the sdk repository has a much lower priority than the official, you can't install these packages as a system update. And I wouldn't advise anyone to do it by "force", it may well wreck your system.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patola For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
If you install it you will break mp-fremantle-generic-pr (or whatever it's called on your device), thus breaking SSU, meaning that if you want to update, you can't unless you reflash.
If you get stuck in a reboot your only way out is a reflash or disabling the watchdog.
The SDK ones can be force-installed btw, and those were released a long time ago.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Thessaloniki, Greece
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
Well this thread is different.
The PR1.2 files are actually there/out for you to upgrade each package individually if you choose to.

I'm only interested in installing HildonDesktop (Menu is now rearrangable, and there is no more "More...") and HildonApplicationManager (Typing in Application Manager searches for applications), that Video Calling thing, need to find out which package it's in first and the camera packages (I think it fixes the front cam and make it better to go with Video Calling)
Venomrush, I don't think it's that easy to update individually each package, as there will also be many dependencies to be taken care of. But of course, you could try it and let us know the results

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kmare For This Useful Post: