Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by jjx View Post
Nokia has weaseled out of paying cashback to a few people who used it with other discount codes, by telling people their order will be cancelled and they'll have to recreate their order by telephone if they want to keep the discount codes, and that loses the cashback - they don't carry the cashback to the new order.
I was one of the people caught by that. Nokia phoned to say that for technical reasons they needed to cancel and re-create the order. Because the new order had a different order number, it would no longer qualify for the cashback from topcashback.com. But what could I do? Nokia wasn't prepared to ship the original order...

Anyway, I don't know what happened, but Nokia must have somehow decided that they did need to pay out the cashback, and TopCashback found a way to make it happen with the changed order number, because this week (six months after I placed my order), and without having taken any further action, I got the cashback.

Six months ago, I expressed my anger at Nokia's behaviour, so I just wanted to post again to say that eventually it turned out OK and I ended up getting my N900 for £300 (due to 30% of discount codes and £50 cashback).

Regards,
Roger

yeh in jan i did cashback with quidco one order was cancelled and other one accepted. i returned the phone anyway and still got cash back LOL

I got mine for roughly ~ £260 with all those discount codes and cashback
Can't exactly remember how I did it though.