Some of you really need to sober up.

If you want open source, then Google/Android is the only viable way today.

Tizen is a toy for Samsung/Intel, Meltemi is dead and so is Maemo/Meego. This doesn't mean that Tizen may come out with a cool device or two, but Samsung/Intel is in no position to make a whole new ecosystem. Tizen will be a one off MeeGo kind of experience, if any.

Nokia smartphones are dead now. They only make devices based on recipe by MS. S40 is still alive, but it's more smartphone light.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to specc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by specc View Post
Some of you really need to sober up.

If you want open source, then Google/Android is the only viable way today.

Tizen is a toy for Samsung/Intel, Meltemi is dead and so is Maemo/Meego. This doesn't mean that Tizen may come out with a cool device or two, but Samsung/Intel is in no position to make a whole new ecosystem. Tizen will be a one off MeeGo kind of experience, if any.

Nokia smartphones are dead now. They only make devices based on recipe by MS. S40 is still alive, but it's more smartphone light.
A new ecosystem come from anywhere. I guess the same thing was said when apple delivered their first smartphone or Google introduced Android. You simply don't now. It can come with Tizen part of Tizen or with something entire new. Even windows can be the new Android in a few two years if the users and operators decided to take move in that direction.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by specc View Post
At this moment I also don't see how Nokia would still have a backup plan in form of MeeGo or Meltemi. If they would go back to those OS' all the sudden it would be a public proof of what a failure Windows Phone is - the actual Nokia management and especially Microsoft would never allow that to happen.

Right now and at least for the near future Nokia's smartphone era is over - except if you see Windows Phone as a smartphone device, what I honestly don't see this way (maybe WP8).

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Yep I call BS on the so called "plan B" too. He's not gonna publicly announce that if Apollo fails we're fvcked so he just mentiones a contigency plan but we all know they're so deep in the crap they probably don't have money to invest on plan A let alone plan B

The Following User Says Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Elop said nokia have no plan B.
this guy said nokia have a plan B.
who manage this enterprise.
it's not serious...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by gruik View Post
Elop said nokia have no plan B.
this guy said nokia have a plan B.
who manage this enterprise.
it's not serious...
The Board of directors might have a plan B becouse they are responsible for Elop and can remove him. So it's possible they are dicussing a plan B while elop is not included.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
@Dave999

so funny! elop has said he's the boss ah ah. I hope you're right. the best thing nokia board can do is to fire this guy. WP Only is a failure!

Originally Posted by gruik View Post
@Dave999

so funny! elop has said he's the boss ah ah. I hope you're right. the best thing nokia board can do is to fire this guy. WP Only is a failure!
He is the Boss, CEO and President, Chairman in the leadership group and member in the board of directors as CEO. But he has to answer to the chairman of the board of directors(Risto Siilasmaa) and ultimately to the shareholders. (And that's me )

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-07-02 at 15:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
ahh, the guy who thanks himself for his "useful" posts.. didnt you make a thread where you said goodbye? i somehow still see you here lol.

anyway, elop earns to die, like now

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
i really hope nokia backup plan is successor of n9, but this time using same kernel instead of whole new kernel ..for app compatibility sake.
there is no backup plan!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post: