Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
http://www.sbwire.com/press-releases...y-3-150464.htm

"Nokia Corporation violated the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Specifically, the plaintiff alleges that defendants told investors that Nokia's conversion to a Windows platform would halt its deteriorating position in the smartphone market, but it did not.,"

Damn straight. I want my money back

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-07-04 at 14:07.

Originally Posted by volt View Post
That was last week. Haven't really spotted any unusually tech-evil activity yet this week.
But up until today you could still buy it.

Moving to the Windows platform will halt it's deteriorating position. Nokia didn't specify when. According to Tomi it might happen at 2% market share. The other safe bet is at 0%.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Moving to Windows hasn't halted anything. In fact, it's now gone from an ecosystem that can save Nokia, to "I've misread the markets" to now "we will have to build newer hardware to upgrade... sorry Lumia 800/900 folks but be ready for the next, real Windows Phone" (read: bring money) and bear with us on this two year turn around.

About the same time this "correction" was wholly salvageable. They just didn't know when to hold their cards close to their chest and hush their mouths (read: Elop)

After the public resignation/firing of the MeeGo crew, the same folks that published the very first WP7 apps, Nokia's stock will invariably take a hit. I predict (horribly so usually) that the price will now hit $1.50.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Not now, but on July 19 most certainly. And I dare not to predict how low will it sink once they release a profit warning for the Q3...

Jean Louis Gassé (ex Apple/HP/IBM) has been consulted by Nokia few years ago. He give them the advice to swtich to Android. ah ah ah...

I told Nokia to go Android, Elop and the board should be fired: Former Apple exec Jean-Louis Gassée

http://www.igeneration.fr/0-apple/je...id-nokia-96782

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by gruik View Post
Jean Louis Gassé (ex Apple/HP/IBM) has been consulted by Nokia few years ago. He give them the advice to swtich to Android. ah ah ah...

I told Nokia to go Android, Elop and the board should be fired: Former Apple exec Jean-Louis Gassée

http://www.igeneration.fr/0-apple/je...id-nokia-96782
And for the majority of us who can read English:
http://www.computing.co.uk/ctg/news/...-gassee/page/1
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

It's technically challenging to fire a board. But I am pretty sure that an extraordinary general meeting with a pre-presented alternative would raise quite few votes from stock owners.

gerbick, nobody said that moving to Windows has halted Nokias deteriorating position. As I pointed out, it will halt the downfall.

Technically, if Nokia said converting to Windows Phone will stop it from losing marketshare, without specifying a time window, then that is only untrue from the day switch away from Windows Phone. If they go bankrupt/leave the market while still following the Windows strategy, then their claim remains true.

When you can't fall any further, the downfall is halted. And the switch to Microsoft has even arguably sped up the process of halting the downfall. They can't go on like this very long before there's no more down to fall.

That still makes it the crappiest strategy since "name every phone an iPhone killer just to make the iPhone seem untouchable", but in their mistaken optimism they probably stumbled over the truth by accident.

@dan ramos!
sorry, I've put french link_ thanks!

Originally Posted by gruik View Post
Elop and the board should be fired: Former Apple exec Jean-Louis Gassée
Gassée is right of course, but even if that happens today it's too little too late. The company has lost all credibility with consumers and investors, the teams and projects that had any chance of being competitive have been dismantled, the talented engineers have all moved to greener pastures, the factories have shut down and the bank accounts have been depleted. All that's left is the bean counters to sell the patents to the first troll that comes along (or, alternatively, turn Nokia into one) and put the final nails in the coffin.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen