Closed Thread
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Nokia shares go below 1.50 euros. On the positive side, they have now started growing lettuce and strawberries on the terraces and roofs of the Nokia House (I kid you not). Strawberries can easily fetch about 4-5€/litre on Helsinki street markets. That should help Elop and his fastly eroding cash supply little bit.

Last edited by Rauha; 2012-07-09 at 12:49.

Apparently with their new management Nokia has "decided to leverage their core competency in rubber boot production to maximize synergy with their new endeavor of cutlivating Fragraria x ananassa for the purpose of entering the lucrative fruit market" - thereby finally hitting Apple where is really hurts .

FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Nokia (NOK)
Analysts at FBR Capital decreased their price target on shares of Nokia (NYSE: NOK) from $3.50 to $1.60 in a research report issued to clients and investors on Tuesday. The firm currently has a “market perform” rating on the stock.
NOK share price closed on NYSE yesterday at $1.84 and is currently sitting a couple of percent down at $1.80 in pre-market.

Edit: Stock open for trading, currently at $1.80

More on analyst downgrades
•FBR dropped its price target on NOK to $1.60 from $3.50, while RBC reduced its target to $3.50 from $5. The shares settled Monday at $1.84, bringing their 2012 deficit to a steep 61.8%. There are very few brokerage firms left in the bullish camp for NOK, as only two analysts out of 24 have deemed the stock worthy of a "buy" rating. The shares are down 1.6% in pre-market action, putting NOK on track to tag a new multi-year low of $1.81 with the sound of the opening bell.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-07-10 at 13:55.

Originally Posted by specc View Post
You are mixing two things, running/owning a company and investing your money in the stock market. If the main investors at Nokia simply was looking for a place to invest their money, they would be out a long time ago. Clearly they have other objectives. That objective is a genuine one, and it is to make Nokia a healthy company in the mobile industry, a top world wide producer of phones and services.
You live in your own distortion reality. Stock investors whether big or small are in for the money first and sentiment usually doesn't even figure at all. You should read more, talk more to real people and gain more experience before you make statements like these. Most of your opinionated postings are the product of your fertile imagination cooked up in the ivory tower of your room with no grounding in reality. The reason Nokia's shares are crashing is because investors are pulling out their money and they are not a tiny majority as you supposed.

Originally Posted by specc View Post
The private initiative and enterprise is king. The bean counters in the stock market means nothing, they are playing a whole different game.
Now you are seriously confusing venture capitalists with stock market investors.

Last edited by SamGan; 2012-07-10 at 14:50.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Cork, Ireland
Wonder what the stock rebound percentage would be if they announced Elop's instant dismissal?

@robbiec
No, it's just only the last gesticulation before death.

Could nokia go bankrupt, was a question. I have another. Could they not? Can they survive another year like this? I doubt it.

I don't see ANY way for Nokia to get sufficient 12Q3-13Q2 sales than to immediately release a full Android range to again catch the eye of ex-symbian customers happily residing there. Windows phone just doesn't attract enough people at this point.

There's been a few investor stories and bulletins around this morning suggesting now is a good time to buy NOK shares, and this has reflected in the price - now currently up 5% in pre-market to $1.89. Seems a long time since I've been able to say Nokia share price is up!

I'm not convinced by it though. NOK is a magnet for short trading and options traders, and that earnings call is looming over the horizon.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Just bought some more NOKIA at $1.97 good US dollars. I think they will do well with WP8, and that is my bet.
Congratulations. In 4 days you have lost nearly 10% of your investment.

I gather that is on top of losses from the $5/stock you bought earlier?

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen