Posts: 121 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Durham, UK
Hi,

Got a strange issue with Android apps on my Aquafish where they report "not connected" when on cellular only. The strange thing is it's not all of them.

Facebook and WhatsApp are OK on cellular and WiFi

Here Maps, Google Maps, won't connect at all on cellular but are OK on Wifi

Google Play Store will search the listings on cellular but only install on Wifi.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on?

Gabriel

I don't have a SIM in my Aqua Fish, but kind of remember something like that from the JP01 – sometimes an android app thinks there's no network.
Connecting and disconnecting to WLAN or switching flight mode on and off worked for me there, if I remember correctly.

For Play Store, there's a setting somewhere to download on cell connection as well – perhaps it's switched off?
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

Thanks, I'll try the flight mode test. Connecting and disconnecting from WLAN doesn't seem to fix it.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy

The Following User Says Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
After digging a bit I see jolla.together.com is littered with similar complaints, none of which where fully answered.

I thought I'd have a look at logcat and found this when I fire up Here WeGo. Looks like it may be relevant:

Code:
W/BroadcastQueue( 5456): Permission Denial: broadcasting Intent { act=android.net.conn.CONNECTIVITY_CHANGE flg=0x4000010 (has extras) } from null (pid=-1, uid=-1) requires android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE due to registered receiver BroadcastFilter{a68f1b10 u0 ReceiverList{a6b4edc8 11007 com.here.app.maps/10022/u0 remote:a67b6d90}}
Any ideas?

Gabriel

I had encountered this issue last week . I have posted the solution here

https://together.jolla.com/question/...post-id-156118

Uninstalled aliendalvik from the Sailfish terminal using the command ' pkcon remove aliendalvik '. (Varoius threads here advise to uninstall the Android Support from the Jolla Store. But in Aquafish, this app is not listed in the store for some reason).

Rebooted the device

From the Sailfish terminal, installed the aliendalvik by issuing the command 'pkcon install aliendalvik' . (I have seen some posts here to do this installation with your WIFI off and Mobile data ON. I installed it while my phone was connected to the WIFI network).

Rebooted the device - all working , whatsapp, skype calls etc all connected with Mobile N/W (3G & 4G).

Hope this helps

Just tried this and it unfortunately had no effect on Here WeGo or Google Maps. I may try a full reset....

Tried a full device reset but still not working on cellular!