Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Hi Mushin

I had a look on the button location.
I was wrong, they seem always to be on the same position.
I swapped them now in SleepAnalyser to make it consistent.

Thank you for making me aware of it!

Also you are right, the alarm should be removed when SleepAnalyser gets closed the normal way. If it crashs, the alarm stays active on purpose.

But I anyway now added a cleanup function which removes any orphaned alarms.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Last edited by caco3; 2011-01-10 at 17:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
There is currently no pause option implemented, also I am not planning to implement it in the near future. I know it would be handy sometimes, but the way I record and store the data would make it tricky I guess.

It means that you have been in sleep phases shorter than 30 minutes for more than 1h20m in total.
I know it does not make much sense or tell you much
I am already working on an improvement which will tell you how long you have been awake, in light sleep and in deep sleep.
Have a look in the extras-devel version in a few days!
My mistake. I re-tried the "pause" and indeed keeps recording also between [STOP] and [Continue]. Before when I accidentally tested it, the phone must have been on a table so that is why it recorded "no movement" during this "pause".

The new version does not have those ">" markings anymore, true.
I just always thought, it should be "> 30min: 1h20m" and not "< 30min: 1h20m", former being "more than 30m" and latter "less than 30m"

It would be interesting to test with SleepAnalyser and video recording, what kind of movements show what kind of SleepAnalyser patterns. Would be fun to see (faster than normal) video running and on the bottom there would be following SleepAnalyser graph. One could then even tune the deep sleep settings based on that, maybe.

It seems with the current development version I have more deep sleep than before? :-) But it says in "help" also that you changed something concerning that.

Hi Mushin

I had a look on the button location.
I was wrong, they seem always to be on the same position.
I swapped them now in SleepAnalyser to make it consistent.

Thank you for making me aware of it!

Also you are right, the alarm should be removed when SleepAnalyser gets closed the normal way. If it crashs, the alarm stays active on purpose.

But I anyway now added a cleanup function which removes any orphaned alarms.
Hi caco3,

Thanks for the swift reply and fix, your dedication is impressive!

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Am I just missing the entry or did you remove the trigger level setting? I just can't find that value in the settings and the current development version renders all previous recordings as >90% deep sleep. That's far away from reality now.
Nevertheless: great to see development going on!

I removed the trigger level buttons from the view window, as they have no usage there anymore.
You can still adjust it during recording.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Oh, sorry, didn't start recording yet but only looked at previous recordings. So there is no way to adjust level for already recorded entries?

EDIT: OK I played a little with test recording and recording and I just don't get it: trigger level can be set as low as 20 while my former recordings had level 16. Changing that level in any way doesn't affect old recordings at all, they still look like having slept like a baby. And according to current rendering I guess I would need some level of 12 or even lower but not >20. (Am I right: lower level means more sensible to movement?)
How does it work actually?

Last edited by x-lette; 2011-01-12 at 17:00.

The trigger sets the alarm trigger level.
unlike before, it now uses the blue sleep pattern graph as data source.
This should give a more accurate alarm.
If your blue bar is always too low, increase the value in the settings window.

Actually it should already be on a good level, unless you changed it.
I have it around 30..40.
Changing this value will also impact the display of the already done records.

Once you have set the blue bar, I suggest to set the trigger level around the top end of the grayish background bar, indicating "light sleep" in the graph.
and more...

Allright, will try that out. but I didn't change that value after upgrading to dev version and before the level was correctly set. So I will have to try out again on which level the graph shows most accurate results. Problem is, I got used to the former behaviour and could read the graph very well and will now have to 'learn' it again.

Hi,
how can i change trigger level with new 1.9.1 ?
Thanks.
[EDIT]
I can change trigger level only when recording. I see the value 16,
but immediatly when i push up or down key the trigger level display
20 and i can't go down (<20) only up 21,22,23, ...
This morning sleepanalyser don't use my movement to awake me.
Because the blue line is very low. But there is movement (yellow) in
the recording and sleepanalyser 1.8.* wakeup me with these values ...

Last edited by guyr; 2011-01-12 at 18:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to guyr For This Useful Post:
as Caco3 whrote 2 posts ago...

The trigger sets the alarm trigger level.
unlike before, it now uses the blue sleep pattern graph as data source.
This should give a more accurate alarm.
If your blue bar is always too low, increase the value in the settings window.

Actually it should already be on a good level, unless you changed it.
I have it around 30..40.
Changing this value will also impact the display of the already done records.

Once you have set the blue bar, I suggest to set the trigger level around the top end of the grayish background bar, indicating "light sleep" in the graph.
20 is minimum, adjust the values in setting menue new.(blue and yellow)