Active Topics

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Okay, regarding all the complaints, people made about their N900s, that just arrived the last few days, (for example, see here http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1592993 ) I've come to the point, where I questioned myself.
Are these problems all software based and can be fixed with fw updates?

Some obviously can't( e.g. the unsteady stand of the N900).
So my question is: Are there going to be new hardware models or will Nokia just keep on producing the same model with no changes?

I've heard about the N97, where opening the camera scratched the lens, that has been fixed within the new models, will that be the same for N900?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean adding new hardware features (e.g. Iphone 3G with faster internet, N810 with wimax support or PSP 3000 with tv out). No, I mean getting rid of initial hardware problems (e.g. PSP 1001, 1002...)

I for myself prefer buying a cheaper AND even more developed product, instead of getting it on day 1, just to be jealous 3 months later when newer versions are released.

Feel free to discuss and if someone already talked to maemo/nokia team about that, please tell us the results.

-Albert Camus
If this post was useful, please use the "Thanks"-button and I will do so, when you post something useful.

Last edited by Cherrypie; 2009-11-24 at 11:16.

I don't think you'll see another version. It seems it's just n900 then n910 (hardware changes like capacitative screen)

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I don't think you'll see another version. It seems it's just n900 then n910 (hardware changes like capacitative screen)
Did you think of N900 mini?

-Albert Camus
If this post was useful, please use the "Thanks"-button and I will do so, when you post something useful.

Probably not given the speed in which they are releasing the n910 (I believe the goal is to have it out by end of next year but given Nokia's record with the n900 it'll be Q1 of 2011.)

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
I don't think there's any reason to get unduly alarmed. For those people that are reporting thousands of problems with everything (like the link you reference), there's a lot of other very satisfied users - like the many preproduction users, reviewers, and those who already have their units.

If you're still uncertain, though, by all means, wait a week or two after everyone else has their units to smell the wind - but I certainly won't be waiting with you

The Following User Says Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
I don't think there's any reason to get unduly alarmed. For those people that are reporting thousands of problems with everything (like the link you reference), there's a lot of other very satisfied users - like the many preproduction users, reviewers, and those who already have their units.

If you're still uncertain, though, by all means, wait a week or two after everyone else has their units to smell the wind - but I certainly won't be waiting with you
I'll have to wait alone then :|
But not longer than 02.01.10, I guess.

edit @Laughing man: Oh and I think it's okay to see how Maemo5 is doing on the market before releasing N9x0 already. Hopefully The N900 will be the flagship for at least 6-8 months.

-Albert Camus

Ok since the people who received their N900s in germany are not complaining about anything, I suspect that only the ones that were sold previously in the US do have those mic/restarting problems.
I ordered mine on friday and hope it'll arrive soon.
If anyone in Europe or specially Germany also has anny issues with his/her device, please post them.

-Albert Camus