Active Topics

really want to take advantage of the 3G capabilities of the N900, but will it work on AT&T's US network? My N82 works great with 3G in Europe and Asia, but only edge here.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Glad to educate you:

Click on Power Search on the right side of this window. Enter something like

n900 3g at&t

Read.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by rhaig View Post
...will it work on AT&T's US network?
Not at 3G, no. EDGE only.

I get a 2.5G symbol on AT&T. The N900 does not support AT&Ts 3G frequency. You can use T-Mobile 3G in the few areas where is exists. I get 2G on T-Mobile where I even get coverage.

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
t-mo's coverage totally depends on the area. All around the Puget Sound area I'm mostly in 3G and it's pretty fantastic. Only coverage problem is ... my own house. I was actually really cranky about this until I found out that my house must be made of lead and concrete: Even cordless phones and wifi have trouble getting through the walls here. O_o;

-John

Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
I get a 2.5G symbol on AT&T. The N900 does not support AT&Ts 3G frequency. You can use T-Mobile 3G in the few areas where is exists. I get 2G on T-Mobile where I even get coverage.
So I just want to confirm. You have a N900 on a AT&T line. You get EDGE from AT&T and when available you can roam on T-mobile's 3G ? Is it automatic, or do you have manually set it to use T-mobile's 3G every time. Also, do you know if you get charged for that roaming? I know AT&T and T-mobile have some roaming agreements but I don't know if that includes data.