Hello People,
I tried to install NITDROID on my phone. I tried using the guidelines shown in this link in order to enable me install NITDROID on my phone's internal memory without using an additional sdcard.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC

First of all I had to do all the partitioning as stated. That was really successful.

The annoying part was when I had to install the .tar.bz2 file and the .deb kernel. I tried using N12_UMay.tar.bz2 , and NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2 . Here are the detals:

When I used N12_UMay.tar.bz2 and followed all the instructions (including replacing the line
ITEM_DEVICE={INT_CARD}p5
with
ITEM_DEVICE=mmcblk0p5,
everything worked fine and it showed the "android" startup picture, the led started bliking (reddish-orange in color) and it just stayed there.
I tried replacing the kernel, i used the following kernels

nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06_final1_armel.deb
nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_7-rc7_armel.deb
nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_rc1_armel.deb
nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_rc4_armel.deb

It still gave me the same thing. It ran up to the "android" loading point (the first part when you switch on an android phone), started blinking its led and just remained there!!

I then uninstalled and switched to using NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2 (still using the internal memory settings as before). I tried using the following kernels with it

nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06_final1_armel.deb
nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_7-rc7_armel.deb
nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_rc4_armel.deb

This time, It passed the android page and showed me the android system activity with nothing displayed on it but a dialog with the message: "shutting down" and titled "Power Off"!!. And then it just switched off.

I am really puzzled and I do not know what to do now.

In all cases, on the command line before the OS loads, among the messages It was displaying, it showed:

Warning 'rlid' uses 32 bit capacity (legacy support in use)

I dont know if thats the problem. I have no Idea what to do. I really need help!!.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 270 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
Folow this instructions in Froyo.doc and insted of NITDroid-0.0.9 write N12_UMay.

And copy 11-NITDroid-mmcblk0p2-2.6.28.NIT.06 to /etc/multiboot.d/ so you don't have to edit yours.

It works every time for me.
Attached Files
File Type: zip froyo.zip (7.7 KB, 236 views)
File Type: zip 11-NITDroid-mmcblk0p2-2.6.28.NIT.06.zip (338 Bytes, 244 views)

Tags
ha ha ha ha ha