hey,

My hi to all the techies and fellow n900 users. This is my first thread here.
There is a problem that i have faced off-late. I have a facebook account, now i have added that account in the share services on my n900. The account has been authenticated as well. Now the problem is that whenever i try and share any photo with that service, the photo starts uploading alright but it always get stuck after uploading a few kbs.
So i thought may be it a problem with facebook, because my "hermes" isnt working as well, anyhow thats another issue.
And i specially made a new account with pixelpipe. added that account. But i faced exactly the same problem.

I am using my home Wi-fi. What could be the trouble.?
Also when i visit my facebook account through the web browser, it opens all fine but when i try to post something the bar(in which we write the text) turns grey after clicking the POST button and nothing happens after that. The bar stays grey and my text isnt posted. While everything else on the website works absolutely fine.
Do i have to install any plugins like flash or something, if yes then what to download?, if no, then please provide with the solution.

This is my first query here. I heavily counting on all you techies.
Please Help.

Thanks in advance.
Regards

Somekeystrokes

No problem for me using both Facebook and Pixelpipe
It's probably your connection.

Try with carrier's data connection

Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
No problem for me using both Facebook and Pixelpipe
It's probably your connection.

Try with carrier's data connection
i have a UK device but im using it in Delhi, India. None of the operators have the settings for the n900. what do i do?

settings? all you need is an internet plan.

and your wifi may go in and out, causing the sending of the file to facebook to fail.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
I had a similar issue, had to change my local proxy server settings... if your behind a restricting proxy that could be a problem...

are you using pixlpipe? or did you just natively add facebook, and if so how, because im not seeing a place to add anything other than flickr and ovi store. thanks

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
hmm no problems before the update, but now I'm getting the same problem. I posted around 500 pictures to Facebook and Flickr via native sharing or PixelPipe, now I'm lucky to get one going through. Anyone else experience this ? Reboot hasn't solved it. Using the same WiFi I had previously.

Try to restore back up then reboot and re install apps. That will solve
the problem ?% of the time.

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Moon
could be related to this bug
uploading photos to flickr doesn't work via WLAN

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8058

The Following User Says Thank You to Croc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Munich
I have been using Petrovich for uploading pictures to facebook and it seems to work flawlessy.